Author Topic: Help with exposing unit  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Help with exposing unit
« on: August 26, 2015, 03:09:36 PM »
I am building a unit that will hold my MHM screens while I stick on the films before exposing.        The screens will clip in.
I need to  show the top registration mark and the center line.
Not sure how to do this, maybe just draw a line and registration mark and see it through the emulsion (I saw someone using fluorescent paper) or use a strip of LEDS and print a film with the reg mark and line.
This will have to have a orange or yellow film to stop the LEDS exposing the emulsion.
Any ideas welcome.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Help with exposing unit
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 03:21:43 PM »
I am building a unit that will hold my MHM screens while I stick on the films before exposing.        The screens will clip in.
I need to  show the top registration mark and the center line.
Not sure how to do this, maybe just draw a line and registration mark and see it through the emulsion (I saw someone using fluorescent paper) or use a strip of LEDS and print a film with the reg mark and line.
This will have to have a orange or yellow film to stop the LEDS exposing the emulsion.
Any ideas welcome.

Maxie,

the FPUs are getting pretty cheap around here in US. Try talking to MHM and see if they have something used available in your part of the world. I've seen them for as low as $300 and if you don't have anything available there, it might be worth shipping to you.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Help with exposing unit
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 05:23:19 PM »
The MHM FPU uses a low power green light behind a mask that you can see easily through the emulsion to line up your films with, and it's safe, but then, we tape the film on and take it off and set up the next one, it doesn't linger long enough to be exposed. Do you need a picture to help?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't