Author Topic: New Chromaline emulsion at River City?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
New Chromaline emulsion at River City?
« on: September 03, 2015, 07:47:53 PM »
Just came across this Chromaline emulsion called "CH prototype".
http://www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com/products/details/chromaline-prototype-non-film-sticking-emulsion-plastisol-inks

Anyone here tried that. Can`t find it on the Chromaline website. Well probably a prototype;)

But non stick would be great.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: New Chromaline emulsion at River City?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:45:45 AM »
I've been using this for a few months.  It's almost perfect.  Fresh films will still stick a little bit, but not near as bad as all the other PP emulsions we've tested.  It reclaims better than HVP and burns a little faster but does tend to break down on press faster than the HVP.  It has a great exposure latitude so on yellow mesh you can go really long on burn times with the LED if you need to, but be careful with white mesh.  White mesh and our LED are much harder to work with and it's easy to overexpose (well, not really but detail will not wash out with a 25+ second burn time).  I really like the emulsion and we are using it over the HVP because of the film sticking issue and reclaim time. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 02:00:48 PM »
We have yet to name the product; so for now the prototype is the name.  Suggestions?   Next batch should have a catchy name on there. The first shipment I was just in a hurry to bring it in, because we had a customer with the film sticking issue that we sent a sample to; and he wanted it ASAP.  So we just brought in a bunch of gallons and skipped the art and naming process to speed up getting it in stock. 
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »
Seems obvious to me...CH802
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 03:22:08 PM »
Yeah we started testing this emulsion several months back, maybe even close to a year now...... We had good luck with it, I'll have to go through my notes as to why we didn't switch to it but overall I remember being happy with it.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse