Author Topic: Tablecloths and Covers - Process Questions  (Read 769 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Tablecloths and Covers - Process Questions
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:22:46 AM »
I get asked A LOT about table cloths and other large format coverings.  I print one color designs on a table setup currently, and use adhesive vinyl, usually pressed in parts, for multicolor jobs.  What I do currently "works" but isn't ideal and is limited in many ways.

I currently have a client that was referred to me who is wanting a 3 color logo on a polyspandex blend (80/20) material.  The pieces are 58"x40" and they want to max out the logo size.  For this project I was thinking of using a combination of adhesive stretch vinyls, but they are definitely not the cheapest option.  Also, one part of the design really needs to be solvent printed vinyl due to the design.

Generally speaking, does anyone on the boards do this kind of work, large format screen printing or pressing with some kind of transfer (vinyl or other option), or know someone who is doing it that would have some insight into the type of equipment and processes (screenprinting vs transfers, types of inks or types of transfers, etc) that would be the best for this kind of work.

I am specifically looking to do these in house and looking for advice, not looking to outsource.  I can do large format one color screen printing work all day long with my current setup, but multiple colors present a challenge (why I end up using vinyl), and the polyspandex blend adds another variable.  Do they make a solvent printable vinyl that is stretchy?

Any info is helpful.  Thanks!

PS: Eric, this is the job I emailed you about a minute ago.