Author Topic: Rush Charges in Quickbooks Online  (Read 1578 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Rush Charges in Quickbooks Online
« on: November 10, 2015, 11:09:15 AM »
I've been on hold with quickbooks for an hour and been hung up on twice, awesome.  Google is also failing me.

Anyone who uses Quickbooks Online have any idea how to add an overall markup to an estimate/invoice?  Basically in the past I have always manually entered an amount, but I want to just have a field where I can toss a percentage.  Any ideas?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Rush Charges in Quickbooks Online
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »
No, we just created an Item named Rush Charge, and put in whatever. We don't use a percentage. I don't think QB online will let you do that; we've recently switched to QB Enterprise, more features, and it's being hosted by a company called Cloud 9...
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 11:52:58 AM »
gotcha.  I'll just stick to that for now I guess.  Was hoping for a more elegant solution :D

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 01:49:06 PM »
So you want to charge/track rush charges as a separate line item?....

So enter amount on 1st line under appropriate item.....On 2nd line use item rush charge and take amount from 1st line and multiply by %.....

So 1st line 24 x 15.00 = 360.00
2nd line 24 x 15.00 *.20 = 72.00
You can do math right in Quickbooks......

I give folks a 3.5% discount for not using a credit card.....So my entry might be 1,000 magnets at 0.80*0.965 and Quickbooks enters 0.772 an the each charge....

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »
line item discounts and multipliers aren't really what I'm looking for, but I do use them frequently.  Quickbooks online has a field below the subtotal at the bottom of the estimate/invoice to apply a discount (percentage or exact amount) to the WHOLE subtotal.  I was hoping their was a similar option for applying a markup below the subtotal (percentage or exact amount) to the whole subtotal.  Seems like an easy option to add...