Author Topic: Rutland Silky White  (Read 6454 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Rutland Silky White
« on: January 19, 2016, 09:46:29 AM »
I got in a sample gallon to test out.  I've only printed 50 test tees so far but it seems super creamy, opaque, flashes fast, and really is super soft; even double hit with a 155.
My first impression is pretty positive.  Anyone else trying this ink out?  What do you think of it?
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Rutland Silky White
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 09:48:05 AM »
Cotton white or LB?

Offline XG Print

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:23:44 AM »
I ran a 150 pc order last week with it and the further I got into the run the more I liked it.  It did tend to climb the squeegee a bit but I print manually so I can control that.  I thought coverage was very good.  Even achieved some nice 1 hits even though I PFP all of them.  1 color white on red ts.  Turned out great.  Price is definitely good on that stuff.  I think its close to the Meteor white from Ryonet but the Meteor does seem like it climbs a little less.  I will probably order a 5 gallon bucket of the Silky and see how it works over a period of time.  I like being able to get it local and not have to worry with shipping.  I had the cotton white Silky FYI.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 10:25:52 AM »
Cotton white or LB?

We got the LB.  Cotton is available too.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »
Been running the cotton here for several months.

Excellent opacity!  We run 150 and 150 S mesh for almost all jobs.  Prints very very smooth.  Excellent heat stability, it will keep it's performance characteristics during long runs with higher pallet heat (130-140 degrees).  Excellent edge detail and  sharpness.  I wish more inks were like this.

We switched from the SF cotton.

Got in a 5 of the Silky LB..... Still playing with it..... It is VERY creamy right out of the bucket....
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 12:54:20 PM »

Got in a 5 of the Silky LB..... Still playing with it..... It is VERY creamy right out of the bucket....

How is it comparing to the cotton?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 03:13:58 PM »
I ran a 150 pc order last week with it and the further I got into the run the more I liked it.  It did tend to climb the squeegee a bit but I print manually so I can control that.  I thought coverage was very good.  Even achieved some nice 1 hits even though I PFP all of them.  1 color white on red ts.  Turned out great.  Price is definitely good on that stuff.  I think its close to the Meteor white from Ryonet but the Meteor does seem like it climbs a little less.  I will probably order a 5 gallon bucket of the Silky and see how it works over a period of time.  I like being able to get it local and not have to worry with shipping.  I had the cotton white Silky FYI.

Who do you get it from locally?
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline XG Print

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 03:19:33 PM »
American Niagra in Norcross.  770-441-5900 ......  Good people.  Wish I could get Scott & Brannan over at Spotcolor to carry this.  Even closer for me  ;D ;D

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 03:52:15 PM »
American Niagra in Norcross.  770-441-5900 ......  Good people.  Wish I could get Scott & Brannan over at Spotcolor to carry this.  Even closer for me  ;D ;D

yeah, I even talked to the rutland rep about letting them carry it, but rutland wont budge.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 12:06:55 AM »
So, it turns out the 4-6 5's I had been using were "older" production batches.  3 to 6 months old.

As a result the ink was able to "Body Up" i.e. get thicker.  Which I actually really liked from the ink.

Got a new 5 of the Silky Cotton in and it is MUCH CREAMIER.  Apparently this is how it is supposed to be.....

I will report in the next few weeks what my impressions are.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 08:36:12 AM »
Any news n this ink? Looking to switch from Street Fighter LB to something that prints a bit nicer :)

Offline XG Print

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 08:50:34 AM »
We really like the cotton version.  Prints and handles very good manually and coverage is really good.  We have tested a few quarts and are about to get our first 5 gallon bucket of it at the beginning of the week.  We had been using the Meteor White and it handles great too but i can get the Silky locally. 

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 09:02:51 AM »
I use Meteor for cottons, but I need something for polly/cotton shirts. I am more interested in LB version, have plenty of Meteor stocked.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 09:10:15 AM »
While we liked it for the most part, we found it to have less coverage and brightness than the Legacy we have been using. 
I can fully see it's place, especially as an UB, but we just don't want to end up stocking 3-4 different Whites.
We are now testing out Total Ink Solution's White.   We really like Legacy, so it's going to be tough to get us to switch.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline XG Print

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 09:10:43 AM »
I use Meteor for cottons, but I need something for polly/cotton shirts. I am more interested in LB version, have plenty of Meteor stocked.

I have not tried the LB version personally yet but I know several that have and really like it.  May want to hit up Kingscreen.  I think he was giving it a shot as well and he had the LB version..