Author Topic: New pressure washer  (Read 1446 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
New pressure washer
« on: October 13, 2011, 09:46:39 PM »
My old pressure washer was on its last legs a month ago but hung in there until today, an ole el cheapo I bought at Wal-mart.  I went to Lowes to pick up one, they don't have crap, but the big gas powered ones and I,m not wanting to hear that noise and smell fumes too, so off to Homedepot  were I found a 1400 psi 1.4 gpm washer for about 80 bucks.   I thought long and hard another elcheapo with the name the Weekender, but hey 80 bucks I need to clean screens, get back to the shop set it up and man this thing is a little power hog.  I was cleaning screens so fast I wanted clean every dam screen in the shop....while I was in my deep thought I remembered someone here saying psi really does not matter as long as you got the gpm  right now I think I might have gotten a good buy.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: New pressure washer
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 10:22:40 PM »
My old pressure washer was on its last legs a month ago but hung in there until today, an ole el cheapo I bought at Wal-mart.  I went to Lowes to pick up one, they don't have crap, but the big gas powered ones and I,m not wanting to hear that noise and smell fumes too, so off to Homedepot  were I found a 1400 psi 1.4 gpm washer for about 80 bucks.   I thought long and hard another elcheapo with the name the Weekender, but hey 80 bucks I need to clean screens, get back to the shop set it up and man this thing is a little power hog.  I was cleaning screens so fast I wanted clean every dam screen in the shop....while I was in my deep thought I remembered someone here saying psi really does not matter as long as you got the gpm  right now I think I might have gotten a good buy.

Darryl

Went through 3 of those in less than 6 months. I got the next model up that runs like 199.00. It has worked perfectly since. The Husky 80 dollar job is junk. Good warranty but it did not handle the daily usage.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »
I have a Karcher which has been a workhorse and a really cheap Snap On brand as a backup. The Karcher is much better but I would like a little more power. Does anyone have a vaccum attachment to suck the excess water from screens? I see some on websites designed for screen printing for like 80 bucks but cant figure what the dif would be between that and a 10 dollar attachment from lowes or home depot.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 10:55:06 PM »
This one has been working out for me just fine...
electric

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:57:11 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 11:50:59 PM »
I bought a $700 Cam Spray.  The only thing I don't like is I have to change the oil.  Ugh, why couldn't THAT be in the description.