Author Topic: J&S ink. Anyone use it?  (Read 830 times)

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
J&S ink. Anyone use it?
« on: March 20, 2016, 09:19:15 AM »
I had a rep send me a gallon of Jack Frost white and I was wondering if anyone has any long term use stories? I ran it on a 350 piece 50/50 red job the other day with no issues of bleeding. Our normal ink is legacy white, but it bleeds bad on 50/50 red. I'm just wondering about how well it stands up to wear compared to other big name inks. It is really creamy and does not loose consistency once hearted up and printed a bunch. It covered better than legacy on the underbase and we put a Wilflex pc mixed yellow over it. With good matdown of the fibers for the base, it gave a good coverage of the yellow. I'd say the yellow looked better over the Jack Frost than if we had used legacy.

The other good part is that this is about 15-18% cheaper than the legacy.
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
Re: J&S ink. Anyone use it?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 09:45:57 AM »
They use it at the shop my kid works at. I used to use J&S 007 Extreme White for cotton shirts, which I really liked because it printed so easily, but switched to IC 711 White, and now Legacy White because so much of what I do is on 50/50s. I tried a quart of the Jack Frost but the sample I got was a little stiffer than I liked.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .