Author Topic: Any Musicians Or Drummers Out There?  (Read 6120 times)

Offline UltraSeps

Any Musicians Or Drummers Out There?
« on: March 30, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »
I've been playing bass guitar and some guitar mostly although have decided to get back to drumming after a 15 year hiatus.  Played for 35 years as a child of 5 till about 40 years old then quit for no apparent reason.  Anyhow, decided to jump back in and picked these up.  Been playing now for about a week or so and surprisingly, some of my percussion skills are coming back, albeit at a slower rate of play.  I must admit, its fun again.  Although the wife and dog aren't too amused.8)  Still need to replace the stock heads as they're somewhat abysmal.

My eventual goal is to put together an inexpensive recording setup and lay down guitar, bass and drum tracks.

Developer of UltraSeps and QuikSeps Color Separation Software. 
Oh yeah, I actually printed t-shirts too for over 30 years.
www.ultraseps.com   www.quikseps.com   www.customseps.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Any Musicians Or Drummers Out There?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 05:19:48 PM »
i like collecting guitar amps, but i don't really know how to play guitar  :D
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline UltraSeps

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 05:26:51 PM »

Its not that hard.  Just learn about 7 or 8 chords and you can play rhythm guitar to just about any Tom Petty tune.  :)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 05:43:01 PM »
I am not a musician but we print for a ton of them  :D

Offline UltraSeps

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 05:48:37 PM »

I hear you on that one.  Printing for bands and clubs is how I started in screen printing back in 1977.  Did the shirts for just about every big club and band on the Jersey Shore.  My best client was the Stone Pony in Asbury Park.  At least 2,000 t-shirts monthly along with 200+ of those baseball style nylon satin jackets which were so popular back then.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 06:06:04 PM »
Reel to reel!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 06:07:38 PM »

along with 200+ of those baseball style nylon satin jackets which were so popular back then.
that is really dating yourself,  F'n hattted printing those jackets... there was rep from International Coatings I think his name was Joe, theg uy was a master at printing quilted nylon jackets
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 06:17:30 PM »
Drums is my main gig.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline UltraSeps

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 06:26:05 PM »
that is really dating yourself,  F'n hattted printing those jackets... there was rep from International Coatings I think his name was Joe, theg uy was a master at printing quilted nylon jackets

Yes sir...International Coatings 900 series.  In the earlier days that wasn't available yet and used NazDar DA air dry nylon ink.  It was 1 part catalyst to 4 parts ink with a pot life of about 60 minutes.  Had to hang dry the jackets all over the place.  Made cords that ran across the ceilings and could hang dry about 100 jackets.

I sold so many of those, had difficulty buying them.  Everyone wanted black with black and white trim.  The most reliable supplier was a company named WestWind-Buccaneer although they used some gold in their trim and was higher in price.  If I couldn't find jackets made by a company named Birdie I was usually out of luck.  Eventually worked out a deal with Birdie and placed orders of about 300 units every month and maintained stock of at least 200 jackets over and above what I needed.  It wasn't just the Stone Pony but all the bands and some other clubs used that same jacket.

Those were the days................

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 07:45:12 PM »
Guitarist, Bassist and live audio / basement recording engineer here.

Play in the church band on sundays, Hard(er)/punk/original rock band, and love jamming in general.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 07:52:18 PM »
yup. that's how I got into this crazy business...guitar for about an hour a day is my zen...

do I djent?...all freaking day....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 08:40:55 PM »
I am a guitar player as most of my employees are too.  I have a massive guitar collection!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 01:35:55 AM »
Drums, Piano and guitar here.  Before I got into screen printing I was the owner of Immix Eleven amplifiers.  Not a good time to be a musical equipment manufacturer.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 10:55:59 AM »

Its not that hard.  Just learn about 7 or 8 chords and you can play rhythm guitar to just about any Tom Petty tune.  :)

LOL! I've been a guitar player since '65. I play electric and finger style acoustic, have 16 guitars and a serious case of G.A.S. for a 335... a stack of amps too! My advice is, learn to play to have fun, and if you need more than the simple strumming, then the world is your oyster, there is so much more instruction available today than there was when I was a kid, though I admit I was fortunate enough to have a really good teacher who taught me theory and how to read, which allowed me to educate myself further after that. Don't take that as "you must learn to read music" Ray Charles couldn't, and neither can Stevie Wonder... however, when you speak a language, reading and writing it is not a bad thing, and easier to learn than you might think. I used to tell my students just work on the reading for 5 minutes a day, and it will fall into place through repetition. That being said, one of my favorites, Tommy Emmanuel, who is as scary as it gets, can't read, though he does understand theory very well. Just Do It!

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 11:50:51 AM »

sitting next to my Fender Twin  (silverface), i have a nice Kustom  k250-4,  complete with matching cab, footswitch, boost pedal and everything is covered with the original dust covers - the tuck and roll is nearly perfect.  i think its from around the early 70s...   too bad i dont have a place to play.