Author Topic: Automatic Screen Developers  (Read 1263 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Automatic Screen Developers
« on: March 30, 2016, 06:03:49 PM »
Who's using one? 

We have been using a fresh water dunk tank +wide angle press washer for years and it's pretty fast -but- it requires a human being to pay attention and understand when a screen is correctly resolved. 

I feel that automating this benefits in two ways:
  • Can walk away from the unit as it works v. standing there with a spray wand.
  • Forces you to dial in everything so that the machine settings resolve all screens correctly, eliminating human error (more or less, depending on your overall system)

Interested to hear how well this works in reality.

Offline Alex M

• !!!
Re: Automatic Screen Developers
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 06:12:32 PM »
You hit the nail on the head with it.
1. Eliminates labor
2. Makes you have better screens (controlling EOM is the biggist player in this with exposure being second)
3. M&R's does also save on water over standard pressure washer. The pressure washing cycle is all recirculated water while the pre and post rinse options are new fresh water from the wall at line pressure.

Generally when I run the unit I use 3 pressure cycles and 1 post rinse to clean out the recirculated water from the screen.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 07:33:41 PM »
Alex, I assume EcoRinse filters that recirculated water? 

I know this will vary wildly based on eom, emulsion, mesh, tension, exposure and so on but what would you put out there for developing time as an average with this unit?

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 07:43:47 PM »
Yes, it does filter it.
Develop times varries a lot as you said, but a good rule of thumb for us is 195 tpi+ with 7-12% EOM will resolve in 1 minute per screen or 2 minute per full cycle.
Under 195 tpi you can still resolve in 1 minute per screen with lower EOM (pretty industry standard) for the guys with 110-160 at 20-25% EOM you are looking at 1.5-2 minutes per screen.

The Eco-Rinse works on "passes" since the pressure head always has to return home it is best to work in even number as you would just be wasting a pass if not.
2 cycles or three pressure passes and 1 post rinse land you at 2 minutes of run time for the 195 and over (lower mesh with little EOM will also use this)
3 or 4 cycles will be need for low mesh with higher EOM 20-25% this will have a run time of 3 or 4 minutes.
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
alex@easiway.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 07:57:54 PM »
Thanks Alex.  I contacted our vendor awhile back on this unit, asking questions here in the hope that it will help inform others.

Is there an option to blow the screen dry after resolving? 

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 08:13:01 PM »
No, air knifes just blew water around more then off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
alex@easiway.com