Author Topic: G5000 -Anybody noticeed a lot more fuzz  (Read 681 times)

Offline XG Print

G5000 -Anybody noticeed a lot more fuzz
« on: April 15, 2016, 09:00:14 AM »
I just finished a 500 pc order of G5000 in the color purple and they seemed to have a lot more of a fuzz (if that is a word) to them than normal.  Likewise I am in the middle of a run of about the same # in the color Mint and they seem to be really fuzzy too.  Any way to combat this printing manually.  Wish I was on an auto and I could use a smoothing screen.  Prints still look good and customers will probably be happy but it bothers me a touch  :o  Ive been printing the G5000 for several years and I swear they have never been this bad.  Anyone else notice this?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:24:07 AM by XG Print »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: G5000 -Anybody noticeed alot more fuzz (fibrilation)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 09:12:32 AM »
Just to make the distinction here (at least the way I was taught)
Fibrillation is when the fibers break through after printing, after the first laundering. In my experience, most likely on ring spun cotton.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline XG Print

Re: G5000 -Anybody noticeed alot more fuzz (fibrilation)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 09:27:48 AM »
Just to make the distinction here (at least the way I was taught)
Fibrillation is when the fibers break through after printing, after the first laundering. In my experience, most likely on ring spun cotton.

No Im just talking straight fuzz right out of the box...I have several other orders in the shop of G5000 ts in black, red, and navy and they don't have 1/4 of the fuzz that the mint and purple seem to have.