Author Topic: Tuf Olympian 10/12 with 2 flashes for sale in Arkansas. - SOLD!  (Read 2139 times)

Offline mt_signex

• Verified/Junior
Sold on 5/8/2016 for $4,000.

--------------------------------------------

I recently replaced my press with a new Workhorse Sabre and have it disassembled and ready to move out.

It's a 1993 (I believe) Tuf Olympian 10 color, 12 station with 2 flashes. 2 heads do not have the parts for the squeegees so they will need to be used as permanent flash stations.

The flashes are radiant heat and once turned on, stay on. (They keep you on your toes)

Platens are 17" x 23" and have been converted to M&R style Quick Release with upgraded platen arm brackets to accommodate them. The arms had to be cut to allow for installation of the brackets but it was done with the guidance of Workhorse when I did the upgrade.

This press has a lot of age, and I will be honest about it's issues, but it has served me very well for the past 5 years and I am the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner didn't use it much at all but the original owner was a high volume sportswear shop.

I have successfully printed an 8 color design (3000 pieces) and another 7 color design (3000 pieces, a year later) but it does best on jobs up to 6 colors. Right now, a few parts need to be replaced to get all 8 heads working properly again, I have re-built some of the stroke cylinders and replaced nearly all of the flip cylinders.

I have replaced and maintained the airlines to be a bit more manageable and to prevent the various leaks that occur on these all air presses.

This is a large press (17' x 17') so you need around 20' x 20' to set it up, it also requires at least a 15 hp air compressor, I've ran it on a 10 hp but it didn't much like it.

I would have a better video of it running, but I only had about 10 hours from the time I got the call that the installer was available that he showed up to install the new Sabre, so I had to break it down and move it out of the way. I do however have plenty of prints on hand showing what it to expect. I apologize for the shaky video but 1, the press moves quite a bit and 2, it was done in a hurry. I have another timelapse of a job that I shot a few weeks ago that I have attached as well.

On the registration, I have never tried to register it myself, nor have I had a tech come and do it, so if you have the ability or want to hire a tech for the install, I have no doubt you can get it running better than I was able to, but the video shows the worst of the registration issues, and of course, certain heads/arms will do better than others. I just did my best to design artwork that would print well on the press. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, I would be happy to send close up photos of actual printed shirts to anyone who is serious that wants to see more.

The press only breaks down to 8' wide on the base, so it's best to use a car hauler or flat bed for the transportation. I have a tractor and front end loader to assist with the loading of the machine and will help secure it as I have moved it through 3 different states in the last 4 years without any trouble. You can however, rent a forklift with 6' forks to unload it at your shop, but it can be moved with a pallet jack once it's off the trailer.

I'm looking for $4,500 OBO, includes the press, full set of adult platens, full set of squeegees, and 2 flash dryers.

Videos:

[removed]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:17:25 PM by mt_signex »

Offline mt_signex

• Verified/Junior
Re: Tuf Olympian 10/12 with 2 flashes for sale in Arkansas.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:44:39 PM »
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:57:04 AM by mt_signex »

Offline mt_signex

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:47:24 PM »
more samples

Offline mt_signex

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:49:34 PM »

Offline mt_signex

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 09:50:50 PM »

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 11:09:33 AM »
I got me one of those Sea Ark ProCat 240's........ Why don't you print any catfish shirts for those guys?

Offline mt_signex

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 11:16:21 AM »
I got me one of those Sea Ark ProCat 240's........ Why don't you print any catfish shirts for those guys?

I've printed quite a few for them, the video above is actually one that was for this years tournament.  I've attached another designs I've done, I think most are for sale in their online store.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 12:59:06 PM »
Great price and I would be super interested if the press wasn't close to the size of my whole shop :D

Offline mt_signex

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 01:53:35 PM »
Great price and I would be super interested if the press wasn't close to the size of my whole shop :D

I understand, I built a 30'x50' but also have sign equipment and everything else in it, which is why I went with a smaller footprint this time around with the new press.