Author Topic: Hello everyone from rahway,nj  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Prints _charming _111

• Verified/Junior
Hello everyone from rahway,nj
« on: September 03, 2017, 11:48:33 PM »
 First off I want to say hello to everybody on the shirt board. I'm Justin , I've been a screen printer for over 14 yrs now and I've just started my own company called fine print ink LLC. Ive bought most of everything I need and I've met a few good people in the business, especially Enzo out at cosmex graphics , great service and very reasonable prices for what i was looking for . I'm looking forward to making more friends and sharing printing experiences with more good people out there . Feel free to contact me if I can be of service or if anyone has any printing questions ,I've been around for awhile and can definitely answer a few questions some of the newbies might have. I look forward to contributing to this forum as much as hopefully benefiting from everything it may have to offer.  I look forward to talking to everyone that will find time to. Thanks once again from everyone at fine print ink llc

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Hello everyone from rahway,nj
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:50:05 PM »
Rahway, ahhhh thanks for the memories.

From 1994-1996 I had an IT contract job with PSE&G in Newark.  Took the rail from Metuchen to Newark and remember the Rahway stop being called every day.  Those were good times.  Back in Texas now, but I sure miss the great seafood in the Portuguese area just south of the Newark station.  Iberia, Don Pepe and others.

Welcome.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:51:54 PM »
Hey Justin, how did I miss this? welcome to TSB!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 11:58:07 PM »
Lol yea that's Newark , my girlfriend is Portuguese and actually performed two years ago I think at the Portuguese fest at Iberia. She was back up signer for a famous group back in her country . And thank you Mr. Frog I'm glad to be apart of this family.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 12:20:49 AM by Justin_mcduffie »

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 06:26:09 AM »
Happy to see a fellow New Jerseyan. I'm about 30 miles north of Rahway. Welcome!

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 08:49:35 AM »
Glad to see another friendly shop here in Jersey . Thank you for welcoming me .

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 09:04:13 AM »
Welcome! Got that challenger installed yet?

Making the jump from printer to biz owner is a hell of a jump, but worth it in the end. It opens your eyes to a lot of things that you may have not noticed before. Its much like being thrown into a raging river without a life jacket. My advice, go along for the ride respond to the market forces appropriately, rather than trying to push back against them.

My main man / production manager Glynn has been telling me all about you. Congrats on your new shop. Stick around here and you'll learn tons. Lots of helpful folks here. Also feel free to reach out to me or Glynn anytime.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 10:03:18 AM »
OK yea Glynn g , me and him go back years . Working in VA ,yea I took a chance and came to new Jersey 3 years ago dreaming of being my own boss one day. So yea I hear you now that I'm here,it's alot more inviting then what I had expected. I'm actually working in running power and gas to everything now . I'm hoping to be finished ,up and running by Monday. Right now I'm just doing everything g else that I can while I wait for my tech to begin, and getting a contract vendor to send consistent work is something I'm looking for now.   I actually have one huge client ,shredz . So I'm happy ,to have at least one great customer  but ofcourse I need to do alittle more them that. Thank you to everyone for welcoming me to the family .

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 02:41:50 PM »
lol so that's where Shredz ended up going. A friend of mine was doing shirts for them and Flavor God a little while back. I think they were giving him more work then he could handle, as I ended up printing one of his 1100 piece orders for them a few months ago.

He told me there was a falling out between him and the owners. Best of luck with them, they print quite often from what I hear.