Author Topic: Realistic Mock ups  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Realistic Mock ups
« on: May 15, 2020, 11:30:05 AM »
I want to start doing realistic mock ups.
Have been looking at Vector Lab, looks good and price is ok.
Anybody here that can comment on this or any other mock up program?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline aauusa

Re: Realistic Mock ups
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 12:07:54 PM »
are you looking for garment templates or for logos.

If garment templates I use gomedia arsenal.  The garment teplates are the best IMO.   and they have quite a few and cost is not that bad.  I do the monthly subscription and get free downlaods of alll of the stuff.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 12:17:23 PM »
I'm looking for garment templates, realistic looking ones.  Thanks.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 01:31:40 PM »
I've been on the fence about this one:
https://creativemarket.com/Photific/2428251-Storefront-2-Apparel-Mockup-Bundle

A lot of popular garment models.

With all of my mockups in Illustrator, I'm afraid the file size will be too large and slow down the PC. I use Astute Graphics plugins, and I'm going to do a test using the Texturino plugin. It seems to use a method that doesn't slow down the file as much. Might be able to store all of the mockups in the Texturino Library and go from there.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 01:55:44 PM »
I've been on the fence about this one:
https://creativemarket.com/Photific/2428251-Storefront-2-Apparel-Mockup-Bundle

You can get some of those here https://elements.envato.com/user/Photific which would be cheaper to just do a month subscription and download them than from the site you linked.

However we just mainly use https://www.ssactivewear.com as they have high resolution actual garment photos that we scale to a generally scale mockup and then put vector artwork on top in illustrator.

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 02:08:14 PM »
Cool, I wasn't aware they were on Envato.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 02:13:53 PM »
For realism, I decided one just can't beat an image of the actual item, which all of our distributors seem to make available.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 07:21:55 AM »
S&S has the best selection of views (Front/Back/Side). I created an AI generic proof template and can change the garment to any color. I use this for most proofs and only use actual garment when it something unusual.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 09:41:51 AM »
S&S product shots here, too. I set up a grid template In Photoshop so that I can scale the product image to reflect adult size Medium* shirt specs, and then scale artwork accurately to match. This lets artwork be shown at the proper sizes. I use Photoshop blending modes to make the simulated print look more realistic.

I bought a template bundle for Photoshop to try out, in hopes of making things easier, but couldn't get it figured out. So I've jsut stuck to my existing process.

(*Could be any size. I used medium b/c it was the best middle ground for the printing we were doing when I set up the template.)

Nice guys laugh last.

Offline discounttshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 10:34:03 AM »
we use placeit.net - we have a monthly subscription for 14.95 monthly-- we use it for our webstore , and for all mockups -- signs -mugs- shirts - hoodies - just about everything --  because they are real people and photos - they make the images look very real and really help sell the items.

Jim
Discount T-Shirts & Embroidery
Farmington, Arkansas

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 11:13:42 AM »
I go to the suppliers online and just snapshot the item. easy peasy and free.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2020, 06:31:24 PM »
we use placeit.net - we have a monthly subscription for 14.95 monthly-- we use it for our webstore , and for all mockups -- signs -mugs- shirts - hoodies - just about everything --  because they are real people and photos - they make the images look very real and really help sell the items.

Jim
Discount T-Shirts & Embroidery
Farmington, Arkansas

that is really slick! If we were doing retail sales it would be a must. Maybe design our own that do the same, but the idea is great.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!