Author Topic: Web glue. Anyone have issues with excessive or residual?  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Web glue. Anyone have issues with excessive or residual?
« on: March 10, 2021, 11:30:35 AM »
Web glue.  Anyone experience any issues with excessive or residual left over on the items when delivered?

We started out on some scrubs using the glue that you spread but wasn’t holding well enough. They required some more stick, and switched to the web spray glue.  The operator noticed the first two, had a lot on it that stayed on the blanks, then used some duct tape to pull it off and was able to remove. He thought he got them all. Customer has found 6 of them that have this web glue inside.

To your experience, ...

Does this wash out easily,

Does it leave any stain after washing?

Is washing enough?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Web glue. Anyone have issues with excessive or residual?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 01:07:35 PM »
Yep the web spray is rough, we only use it for sweats and hoodies, it will build up and during the summer I might spray a few wasp nest outback with it LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 01:22:50 PM »

We started out on some scrubs using the glue that you spread but wasn’t holding well enough. They required some more stick, and switched to the web spray glue. 

Which water-based stickum did you use? There are some especially touted for performance fabrics that are a little more aggressive.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline BP

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 02:02:34 PM »
We do not use web tak anymore because it is evil on garments and equipment! but back in the day if we had this problem. Take the garment inside out and run thru the dryer and then use masking tape to take the glue off the garment.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 05:07:59 PM »
Roll Tack clear liquid adhesive is best for many garments (Comfort Colors) Beware.........$160. per gal!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 05:24:08 PM »
I've heard a lot of people complain about the residue not washing out. I've never personally had an issue with clients complaining. You can get away with water based adhesive if you pre flash followed by a roller. In my experience that gets you around 3 hoodies per pallet before the tack needs to be scrubbed and reactivated. I'll do it on days when I have a lot of t-shirts and hoodie change overs. But if I'm running a larger hoodie job I just go web tack for the entire run.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 05:43:40 PM »
I don’t know what kind of spray rack. It’s not waterbased from what I understand.

Yes, from what I understand, we can use a tape to pull it up off.

Was just wondering if it’s even washable.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 06:14:29 PM »
I don’t know what kind of spray rack. It’s not waterbased from what I understand.

Yes, from what I understand, we can use a tape to pull it up off.

Was just wondering if it’s even washable.

No, I was asking which "spread-on" glue you started with. As I mentioned, there are some that are stickier than others. You may want to explore them for next time. Any of the typical spray-on, whether mist or web are last resorts here. Web spray is often the  go-to for fleece, but otherwise avoided.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Hemi

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 09:52:16 AM »
If you use web spray just card it around on the platen after you spray to spread it around and that keeps any of those boogers from the web to remain on the garment. I’ve seen night and day difference after applying that technique. We use one of the small vinyl squeegees that have a bit of stiffness to them. Tried those white clean up cards but those are just too flimsy to hold up over time. Give it a try!
Inked Up Graphics
Redding, California

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2021, 09:59:31 AM »
Thanks all!   Re Heating and tape pull worked.

It turns out there is yet another spread glue they did have, but didn’t know it was on the shelf. As to what that was, I won’t know till I get back into work.

Offline Croft

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 08:14:14 AM »
May want to try the PMI 2 sided pallet tape, it works really well on poly garments we have that don't stick well.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 10:09:56 AM »
May want to try the PMI 2 sided pallet tape, it works really well on poly garments we have that don't stick well.

If you are running DC or WB this stuff does not work...
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com