Author Topic: printing on shirts prior to tie dying  (Read 1342 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
printing on shirts prior to tie dying
« on: May 17, 2021, 01:22:40 PM »
we have to print tomorrow on PFD shirts that will be dyed latter. Can we just use plastisol? The imprint will be white, so I am thinking white ink.

Anything else we should know?

thanx,

pierre
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 04:00:33 PM by blue moon »
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: printing on shirts prior to die dying
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 01:36:29 PM »
Yep, plastisol is fine. I used to do this regularly for a local Boy Scout troop. Sometimes before and sometimes after dyeing. Only thing I learned was adding a black outline helped most of their designs work better no matter how each shirt was individually dyed. This really depends on what type of dying pattern is used.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 02:03:18 PM »
Yes.  No issues.  The teachers and kids love it.  This was a (business) that did these for an event on white tees.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 02:12:15 PM »
awesome! thank you both!

pj
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!