Author Topic: Cooling fans behind dryer  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Cooling fans behind dryer
« on: May 29, 2021, 04:42:05 AM »
I am thinking of putting fans  to cool the shirts as they exit the dryer.
Has anyone done this?
Is it effective?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline DonR

Re: Cooling fans behind dryer
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 07:48:29 AM »
We have fans sitting on top of our Sprint 2000 at the exit. It points down at the exit belt. Works well to cool down the shirts much faster. I was worried that it would effect the temp of the heat chamber and effect how shirts cure. However, I have not found that to be a problem.  It does make it a bit harder for the catcher at the end of the belt because lighter shirts can get blown around a bit.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 11:32:51 AM »
When I used a dryer with a short outfeed, I needed a box fan mounted almost parallel to the belt to keep some shirts from sticking. As long as it was angled slightly away from the tunnel, I had no issues. On the other hand, I had problems with any sort of breeze coming in an open door towards the infeed greatly affecting temps.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline projay

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 04:03:58 PM »
Cheapest and the best thing we ever did. You’ll be surprised to see how quickly it lowers the temperature of the garments on exit.  No more the shirts ink sticking together and having to spend time in fixing it or much worse replacing the garment. 

Offline StinkyDaddy

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 10:02:00 AM »
I have a fan on a pedestal that blows across the belt. Works like a champ.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 11:46:19 AM »
We have had a box fan hung from tje ceiling and about 10 inches above the belt forever. The fan on low speed is plenty to drive the heat from the ink just before the shirts drop.
I have a design for an air gate using a piece of pvc pipe bridged over the belt but never built it the box fan works well enough.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.