Author Topic: Gas dryer-no flame  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Gas dryer-no flame
« on: August 04, 2021, 10:48:05 PM »
I`m not going to mention the brand of our gas dryer here. 5 weeks ago we experienced some problems with the our gas dryer. It took very long for the flame to ignite. During the start up sequence it will try up to 3 times to ignite the flame before the burner will be locked, we then have to reset it and it will try again. Well we managed to get it start somehow. Until 2 weeks ago. it just didn`t work at all anylonger. No flame. Informed the manufacturer, they send us an email with a list of parts we needed to replace. Cost around $900. Before finalising the order I asked again are you guys sure I really need all those parts, they said yes because we cannot tell which part is not working so better order all these that are required in starting up the dryer. Ok so I place the order, then it turns out they don`t have all parts in stock and need to order them. This delays everything by a few days, then shipping goes wrong too. Parcel missed connection flight in Qatar. So instead of 3 days for shipping it`s closer to 10 days. Now during these 10 days the guys from the dryer company tell me I should actually check if the ignition rods are too far apart. I was told in 9 out of 10 cases this causes the issue we are experiencing. And indeed I adjusted the distance and the dryer did start up right away, that was a day before the parts got delivered. Now I`m pretty certain they should have pointed me into this direction in the first place, than we wouldn`t have had ordered those parts and even more importantly we would have had the dryer working the next day. The box with the parts  is sitting here now unopened. I`m not trying to send them back and get my money back, they don`t like the idea.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Gas dryer-no flame
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 03:59:05 PM »
Uh, yeah, I think they should have had you check a few things like that. I don't know who the manufacturer is, but that's not a good impression.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Gas dryer-no flame
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 11:46:10 PM »
Might be an idea to keep the spare parts.
Having your oven down is no joke.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il