Author Topic: Heat press Recomendations  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Heat press Recomendations
« on: December 01, 2021, 08:35:52 AM »
I am getting a DTF and need a heat press for front of shirts.
Preferably with more than one platen size.
I have a Stahls and Knight hat press and a Practix with 2 platens, great press but has certain restrictions because of the bars that hold top and bottom together.
Have seen Hix as well.
What are you using and what can you recommend?
Needs even heat and pressure.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Audifox

Re: Heat press Recomendations
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 01:19:03 PM »
We use the Hotronix® Fusion Heat Press. It has both a clam and swing away.

The only issue we have had is sometimes clothing would get hung up on the edge the track. We have added a makeshift cover and it solved the problem.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 01:50:33 PM »
Geoknight and Insta are both great, but since you are not US based I bet you have a whole world of different options available.

I'd reach out to Eric at Night Owls and ask him for his China connection as he buys some equipment from a source there and I think has had good success with the equipment.

I feel like heat presses are pretty simple, and some of the prices for them stateside are exorbitant for what they do in my opinion.

Offline aauusa

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 01:56:58 PM »
hotronix air fusion here love it and the service they give is awesome. 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 02:05:48 PM »
Something that hasn't been addressed here is size. Better too big for most jobs than too small for some. Go for a 16" x 20"
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 03:00:07 PM »
We run a 25 year old Insta swing away that I've done 2 repairs to, a Hotronix cap press that has a gazillion left front, sleeve and hat impressions, picked up and air operated Knight recently, and my elbows and shoulders are much happier. All good stuff.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 05:13:04 PM »
Like Sbrem we run an old GEO Knight clamp shell even left it on over night (by accident) only repair we've done in 15+ years is change the temp regulator, that press can run all day long... bought a new model press just last year (different brand I won't mention) and already had to replace the temp control. I would get the 16 x 20 and air is very nice easy on the shoulders LOL.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 06:01:17 PM »
We run an old insta heat press which is all pneumatic. It’s pretty freaking great, but I don’t have experience with the others. I like the fact that all the operator has to do is confirm temps & push a set of buttons.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 06:24:13 PM »
We run an old insta heat press which is all pneumatic. It’s pretty freaking great, but I don’t have experience with the others. I like the fact that all the operator has to do is confirm temps & push a set of buttons.

Yes, this.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2021, 10:12:33 AM »
We have 2 of the Hotronix Air Fusions, and one Fusion IQ and two sets of all their interchangeable platens. Problem is their fit and finish is horrible, the clamping system for the platens is complete junk and makes for very loose platens. One of the pins on one of the platens got so scored up it tore a huge gash in one of our employees finger when she was swapping palettes. Other than that the presses are great. But in the future we will not go Hotronix anymore and try to find a good press that has easy to use quick platen swaps.
"No man is an island"

Offline Croft

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2021, 12:44:41 PM »
Stahls 16x20 with a couple optional smaller platens plus the base ( it makes life way better when loading) Also I bought the new IQ hat press which is night and day better than
any other hat press I have had, It didn't get much use until the last month when all the embroiders in the area got over run , we have been ironing leather patches and vinyl on hat , toques and shirts like crazy lately.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2021, 12:50:06 PM »
we have a DK20SP by george knight.  interchangeable platens are less expensive than the hotronix series. 

i would buy a second one if we needed it...  swing away plus smallish size post in the center makes it easy to load and unload.