Author Topic: T-shirts to go in shoe boxes for needy kids at Christmas time  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Scobey Peterman

There is a church in my town that fill about 1000 shoe boxes for needy children in other countries. 

Last year I donated abiout 350 shirts of different sizes.

Now this year they want to concentrate on just one age group.  Like 12 year old boys & girls.

They are asking me what size would a 12 year old wear????    My answer.........I have no clue.

When my son was 12 he wore and adult Med.  Now his 12 year old daughter wears a youth large or adult small.

Do you see my problem???

Suggestions / commits.

Quality over Quantity

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: T-shirts to go in shoe boxes for needy kids at Christmas time
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 12:34:46 PM »
Go larger, they'll grow into it. That's much better than too small...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 02:00:12 PM »
Always a problem, and not limited to kids age/size relationship.
Often asked, "how should I size this order"? My answer, if a soccer crowd, mostly small and medium with some large and and a few XL. NASCAR folks, L-XXXL.
With kids, btw, we have found that the average youth large is actually bigger though shorter than adult small. But like Steve suggested, always error to the larger choice.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Northland

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 01:54:51 PM »
There is a church in my town that fill about 1000 shoe boxes for needy children in other countries. 

Last year I donated abiout 350 shirts of different sizes.

Now this year they want to concentrate on just one age group.  Like 12 year old boys & girls.

They are asking me what size would a 12 year old wear????    My answer.........I have no clue.

When my son was 12 he wore and adult Med.  Now his 12 year old daughter wears a youth large or adult small.

Do you see my problem???

Suggestions / commits.

For 12 years I printed Phy-Ed t-shirts for a middle school that consisted of 7 & 8 grade only. So, the age group you asked about (age 11-13).

They ordered shirts sized from Youth Small to Adult 2XL.
But, the highest point in the bell curve (every year) was Adult Small and Adult Medium (probably about 65% of the total order).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 08:40:29 PM by Northland »