Author Topic: $20 art files from china and then pay me good $ to sep???  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
$20 art files from china and then pay me good $ to sep???
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:58:13 PM »
$20 art files from china or India and then pay me good $ to sep???

Why do people do this. I have one of THE WORST art files and design I've EVER seen. They paid probably $15-$30.00 for the art and then need to send it to me for the separations. WHY? :o   Good googely moogely. ::)

Send it to ANY one for these artist on here like Jason, Dlac Diane or whoever. They would do 10 times better for near the same price. Sheesh.  Oh, but still send me the seps. LOL.

Ok. Back to work.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: $20 art files from china and then pay me good $ to sep???
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 09:40:55 AM »
Maybe they were hoping you could reverse the GIGO thing...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:54:11 AM »
HAHA....Yeah send it to me please!

Offline NZG

• Verified/Junior
  • Freelance designer ~ illustrator ~ Photoshop wiz
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 09:14:21 AM »
Count me, please, among the available freelance designers! I'm new, but eager!  :-*
nzgraham@hotmail.com
https://sites.google.com/site/nzgfreelance/illustration

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »
Are you $20 though, that seems to be the going rate.  ;D

Just wondering, do we have a section of freelancers?  Maybe a section of those offering their design services.  I mainly use dan, but he's so good that he gets busy and tells me up front there is no way he can get the work done.  It would be nice to have a section here that just listed people, their websites and contact info....even a list, not posts that get shuffled around.

I think that would be great.  And maybe we could expand it to techs, product reps, suppliers and so on.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 09:31:13 AM »
Are you $20 though, that seems to be the going rate.  ;D

Just wondering, do we have a section of freelancers?  Maybe a section of those offering their design services.  I mainly use dan, but he's so good that he gets busy and tells me up front there is no way he can get the work done.  It would be nice to have a section here that just listed people, their websites and contact info....even a list, not posts that get shuffled around.

I think that would be great.  And maybe we could expand it to techs, product reps, suppliers and so on.

We have had a member to member section where folks have been able to hook up for a long time. It has a specific section for art and seps, and a misc section that would cover techs. Product reps have their own manufacturer sections available.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 10:00:20 AM »
Maybe it's not visible enough. Maybe somehow, it just doesn't get seen or read as being what it is.  Member to Member services is much harder to recognize what you do there and that you can locate or post for freelance in that section over it just saying freelance listings, Consulting etc.  I donno.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »
I was thinking more like a phone book or something...where it was more of a list, rather than a bunch of jumbles posts.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 10:09:32 AM »
Maybe it's not visible enough. Maybe somehow, it just doesn't get seen or read as being what it is.  Member to Member services is much harder to recognize what you do there and that you can locate or post for freelance in that section over it just saying freelance listings, Consulting etc.  I donno.

You may be right. I know that where I live, a large red sign with the word "Stop" on it goes unnoticed, so I can see how a section that says Member to Member Art and Seps may get looked right past as well, lol!

As Brad just reiterated, he was talking of a list of resources.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »
Frog, you have to make it easy for the dumbest among us.  ;D

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 10:19:08 AM »
what if we just made one section in the member to member? no discussion, just attach three samples of your work and a short description.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
I like it.  The discussions can kill it if you ask me.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 10:29:51 AM »
20.00?......The kid I use in Sri Lanka is 1.89 an hour.....

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 10:48:44 AM »
20.00?......The kid I use in Sri Lanka is 1.89 an hour.....

Yeah,  but he charges you for 10.5 hours.  LOL.