Author Topic: Auto maintenance  (Read 1180 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Auto maintenance
« on: January 25, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »
When or how often do you have your press touched up...we,ve had ours for about four years now and I,m thinking its about time to call in a tech even though nothing seems to be wrong with it.  Still registers fine and platens seems to still be level no major breakdowns, just wondering out loud, or wait till the stuff hits the fan to look up its skirt after we,ve had a problem.  I thinking it might be best to catch a problem before we have one.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Auto maintenance
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:38:35 PM »
Do you do any preventative maintenance to it on a regular basis?  I set aside a few hours every couple months to make sure we have oil in the air system oiler, grease on the camroll and registration forks, grease throughout the servo system, grease the lift system mechanics, grease the roller wheels that the carousel rides on, and the linear printhead rails need greasing ever so often.  On a less regular basis I'll loosen up the micros on each printhead, flush with compressed air, then compressed silicon to remove any thicker debris and repack with grease.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline vicb

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »
We've been running for 6 years with no breakdowns, just minor adjustments on occasion. Like Alan said, regular maintenance is important. Every Monday we oil and clean everything before we start our week. Every 3 months, we change the compressor oil and drain the air tank on the press.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 02:11:47 PM »
we do our weekly maint...then our monthly maint...then we have a tech come in 1x a year to get it all back to factory specs....it is a lot cheaper than being down for any amount of time....

sam

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:21:44 PM »
If you have the money to get a good tech out to visit without breaking the bank, I don't ever think it's a BAD idea.  I've learned more than a few things from those guys that I never would have figured out on my own. 
Well, inexpensively, at least.   ;)

If you don't have a regular maintenance schedule, as very well suggested by those above, a tech can help you get that set up and get you up to speed on it as well.

Offline Tagless Threads

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 07:08:44 AM »
Get the regular checkup. It's a machine that will eventually have problems at the worst time, which will cost you tons.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
twitter - facebook - flickr