Author Topic: Art meetings and presentaitons  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Art meetings and presentaitons
« on: May 06, 2011, 09:56:55 AM »
Hello all,

I wanted to touch base and see what other people do for meetings. Times when you need to go to a customers location and show some ideas to a crowd of customers or a board or a Agency etc.

For example, What our teams that I've worked with have done at several different company's and teams of artist, is to bring in a lap top and a portable printer. We go through (on screen) that is occasionally hooked up to a larger screen in the room (meeting rooms usually have this). We discuss image reference, direction and on occasions sketch on site during the meeting to enhance the flow of ideas.

Some of these buyers have options of 2-4 different concepts. We review those on screen and narrow down what one they want and print out that design. We worked connected to our own Company online dump site or FTP so to speak and can pull up our own stock images that we can use. If time permits, we can crate a concept right on site in front of them. It's proven very good for business.

Anyone have any other methods  Improvement suggestions?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850