Author Topic: wow! PS 6 preview link  (Read 1743 times)

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
wow! PS 6 preview link
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:13:49 AM »
Have a great day! :)
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Re: wow! PS 6 preview link
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:59:58 AM »
It would be really, really impressive if they zoomed in on where they cut those objects out...  The vid isn't especially hi res.   ;)

Would be sweet though, if you didn't have to clone stamp manually and it did a really good job.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 11:05:04 AM »
I'm glad I just upgraded to PS5 before the end of the year, because if you haven't, you'll have to pay full price for PS6. At least that's how it was in December...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 11:36:47 AM »
Now if they would just spend a little time and make some cool features for screen printers that would be cool.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 12:11:55 PM »
Now if they would just spend a little time and make some cool features for screen printers that would be cool.

Jason,

Call Adobe and let them know. Ever since they started doing new versions almost every year they have to be running out of things to do. Photoshop is such a deep program that no one even uses 25% of what’s in it. I was at a interview once and they asked me how much of Photoshop did I know and I said less than 25%. The guy looked at me funny, then said that I am the only one that answered that question right. I have been working in Photoshop since the version after layers was added. Photoshop is used in so many different fields that there are tons of add ons and upgrades that make the program do just about anything you want.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:21:50 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 12:32:16 PM »
Now if photoshop made a version primarly for screen printers including built in auto seps and rips. I'm sure Ryonet is already working on one  ;D

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 12:45:22 PM »

Jason,

Call Adobe and let them know. Ever since they started doing new versions almost every year they have to be running out of things to do. Photoshop is such a deep program that no one even uses 25% of what’s in it. I was at a interview once and they asked me how much of Photoshop did I know and I said less than 25%. The guy looked at me funny, then said that I am the only one that answered that question right. I have been working in Photoshop since the version after layers was added. Photoshop is used in so many different fields that there are tons of add ons and upgrades that make the program do just about anything you want.

That is a great idea. Maybe if they get requests from a 100 people, they will do something about it.
I just contacted them about it.
Here is the link:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
Now if photoshop made a version primarly for screen printers including built in auto seps and rips. I'm sure Ryonet is already working on one  ;D

LOL

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »

I know right.. how about giving us the print handling function boxes that they every so kindly moved to In Design.. I wonder what else they have taken away from their "designing" program and moved to their 'publishing' programs with the new CS6.. 're-developed' bundle to once again.. make us buy the $2500 package as it's the only way to get the two programs together so we can design our logos with one program, then export it to another so we can print it to our rip stations.. wow what a time saver they have given us.

Remember Freehand.. want to talk about a program that had screen printing written ALL OVER IT.. multiple screen angles and different halftones on the same page.. the dot control freehand offers from a vector based program is insane compared to illustrator.. it could have been the only rival to Corel.. what did Adobe do with it..

They killed it.. left it at the last Studio MX project.. before axing the entire dreamweaver, fireworks 'design and publishing' package. It was kinda like walmart moving to town and then buying your favorite mom and pop shop with a promise to keep the same stuff on the shelves.. then overnight they replace it with their items, at double the price.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 05:23:03 PM »
My wife still uses Freehand, but unfortunately it's starting to have troubles, and I have to get her over to Illy. She's stubborn...

Steve

I loved Freehand, when I started, I had Freehand 2.0 and Illy 88. Freehand seemed more natural to me so I went with it. When I started hiring artists that only used Illy, I had to learn it and now I'm in CS5 and real happy with it. It even has a Freehand type viewing option...
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't