Author Topic: How to separate  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
How to separate
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:56:04 PM »
Hello gang :)
I have a customer that needs something like this printed on the black shirts.
I was wondering how to separate this. He is OK with two whites, one screen with halftones and solid area and one with solid white only as a second bump for solid area. Or, would it be better to do double bump of white with gray printed on the top to have the screen/gradient effect.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say :)

Thanks

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: How to separate
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 10:40:16 PM »
1 screen , cut out the fade area , change to a 1/2 down and paste it back in... walaaa one screen.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 10:49:10 PM »
My half tone dots are too big but you get the idea...

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
monochrome in coreldraw

Online blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 11:40:27 AM »
Hello gang :)
I have a customer that needs something like this printed on the black shirts.
I was wondering how to separate this. He is OK with two whites, one screen with halftones and solid area and one with solid white only as a second bump for solid area. Or, would it be better to do double bump of white with gray printed on the top to have the screen/gradient effect.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say :)

Thanks

It will depend on what your customer wants. If it is a small order and he is just a regular guy, he should be OK with one screen. I would go into the curves and taper down the halftone area so when you hit it twice it does not gain as much.
Your other option is two screens. It will look much better better. Put the halftones on the gray screen and then a top white. Use the curves to separate the two areas. Have the white and gray overlap a little. Use a fine screen for the gray underbase so the fade will look better.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 10:52:45 PM »
Thanks guys.

Pierre, I will try that. This might become pretty big custy, so I will try to print the right the first time.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 12:33:48 AM »
Pierre,

You have snatched the pebble from my hand. You may now pick up the molten red cauldron (with the dragon symbols on the sides that will sear into your flesh) and carry it over to the sacred door of total awareness.

The only thing I would change in your statement s that I would keep halftones in that top white as well that fade into the gray. High mesh on both.  50-lpi on 305 should do.  It sounded like you were saying to print that top white solid er something.

Be careful as you walk through that Cleavland snow in your bare feet.
kung fu
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850