Author Topic: Exposure blanket?  (Read 1729 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Exposure blanket?
« on: April 09, 2012, 12:40:08 PM »
Hey guys I just got in a new blanket I bought from ebay, this blanket I got today is cloth on both sides neoprine in the middle, has any use this before, will it work?. The last one I bought off ebay was clothe on one side and rubber on the other which was like the on blanket I remove from my other unit.  I don't won't cut this if it will not work so I can ship it back.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Re: Exposure blanket?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
D I have already told you where to buy the blanket from..... And it last for a good long time mine is 5 yrs old with no problems and for $100 I have enough for an extra one for when this one does wear out. heck i was trying to find website but cannot find it, I will do a little research.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 02:27:41 PM »
Hey sports, I don't know if this is where you got your blanket material, but many have. http://www.foamorder.com/neoprene.html

Still though, neither you or I answered Darryl's question as to whether fabric backing on both sides will be okay or not.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:45:24 PM »
yes, fabric on both sides works fine...I think it works better and the reason being is the fabric allows the air to flow, like the strings on some units.  I actually would place a piece of headliner on the blanket to make it work better and protect the rubber better from frames

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 03:44:17 PM »
Hey thanks guys
@ Scott I call them once and they didn't have any at the time. so thats where I got the my first blanket from ebay which works like a glove, this other blanket I got (from the same person) just has fabric on both sides.
@ Mk162 thanks I,m going to install it then and see what I get.

Darryl

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 01:31:25 AM »
Just as a side note, I ordered from foamorder recently and got fabric on both sides, I am pretty sure I ordered the fabric on one side, but I imagine the neoprene in the center is the important part. I have yet to install it, but when I do I will add my experience.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »
This is true Frog and I am afraid I cannot answer it and be 100% sure. It does seem to me that it would work because there is actually no vacum on the fabric, it is just sealed by compression. The vacumn that I put on mine is a adhisive rubber that seals to the glass. I am thinking it should be no problem if you can compress it with the top lattice (?) with the screws on top. I guess we will know the answer when D gets it installed.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
Got the blanket installed and I was able to put the old gasket back on as well...works like a charm, I might should have put a little more sag in the blanket, but it still works.  So yes fabric on both sides works fine.

Darryl

Ps  The Atlas 5 way burns way better screens than my old Pro Light 1
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:55:57 PM by 3Deep »

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »
I would bet that the fabric also provides a little resistance to tearing.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?