Author Topic: My New Toys  (Read 2061 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
My New Toys
« on: April 12, 2012, 03:45:09 PM »
Look at the shiny new toys that showed up today! The MSP was some work to get apart and reassembled through the doors but job accomplished. You should notice the screen hangers behind the Triloc I had to notch them all out because well they did not come prenotched as advertised.

"No man is an island"

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: My New Toys
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 04:02:49 PM »
Ink if you could pls send me a PM on exactly what you did to take it apart that would be cool as I would like to move mine
thx tp tony@merchmo.com

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »
sweet...love seeing new stuff in shops....

you will LOVE IT!!

Sam

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 08:03:43 AM »
Ink if you could pls send me a PM on exactly what you did to take it apart that would be cool as I would like to move mine
thx tp tony@merchmo.com
Tony if I am not mistaken I thing we have the directions printed out. I will look into and get back to you.
Rich Hoffman

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 08:06:36 AM »
Tony i sent you an email, also Israel provided me with a PDF with the instructions but I wrote it more concise for you its very easy just have to be careful!

The frigging thing is one serious piece of equipment for an exposure unit wow I love it and I have not even used it yet!

"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »
what wattage light?

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 08:11:51 AM »
Tony i sent you an email, also Israel provided me with a PDF with the instructions but I wrote it more concise for you its very easy just have to be careful!

The frigging thing is one serious piece of equipment for an exposure unit wow I love it and I have not even used it yet!
Never mind Tony. Guess we do have one! LOL!
Rich Hoffman

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 08:27:43 AM »
Thanks Rich and Mike for the quick response!
tp

Offline RonH

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 08:28:17 AM »
what wattage light?

The MSP3140 has a 1200 Watt Multi-Spectrum Metal Halide lamp.

Ron Hopkins
NuArc Sales Mgr.
M&R Sales and Service

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 09:02:31 AM »
ONly question and this is probably dumb but I noticed the bulb was installed with the nipple of glass from forming is facing up should it be rotated 180 so that extra glob of glass is facing down or is it a non factor?
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 09:04:24 AM »
they put them in that way because the bulb gets really hot and the extra weight on the bottom can weaken the glass and cause premature breakage.

Not really, but it sounded good.

Offline RonH

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 09:30:11 AM »
The nipple or "fill tip" is situated on the top.  This nipple becomes the thickest part of the lamp's envelope and we want it to be in the hottest place so that it does not create a cool spot for the metal additives to congregate.

Ron Hopkins
NuArc Sales Mgr
M&R Sales and Service

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 10:25:24 AM »
Look at the shiny new toys that showed up today! The MSP was some work to get apart and reassembled through the doors but job accomplished. You should notice the screen hangers behind the Triloc I had to notch them all out because well they did not come prenotched as advertised.

Welcome to the blue team.......lol Watch out below for your boys to start changing color.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 10:32:04 AM »

Welcome to the blue team.......lol Watch out below for your boys to start changing color.

LMAO!

I have a girl friend to keep that from happening
"No man is an island"