Author Topic: Are inkjet refillable cartridges comparable from one supplier to the other??  (Read 1018 times)

Offline starchild

Hi everyone,

I'm on my little quest to get up to speed with the Epson 4800..
So my top priority is supplies, their features and it's cost..

Top of my list is refillable cartridges for the inks.
I've been researching online and taking the recommendations from here and from what I've
seen so far from supplier to supplier, is the price differences. With no explanation why their
cartridge in particular (not the inks), offers advantages over their competitors.. The only differences
I can identify is labels on some and not on others and I guess some plugs where you do the refill are color coded.

That being said, inkOwl.com offers the lowest price I've seen so far @$139.95 per set of 250ml blank cartridges and funnels.
http://www.inkowl.com/index.php?p=product&q=Epson+4800&B=3&product=2059

Is there something I should be wary of in this offering? Could I not just get these and fill with the recommended inks (tried and proven) that's user's suggest here?  Like Pierre's suggestion of AccuInk from Chromaline? Or other, from the slew of satisfied users on this board? (I am not even going to attempt to reinvent the wheel here- you guys been there done that for me)

And can I just fill these blank cartridges with cleaning solution to do my flush then empty them and refill with appropriate ink as necessary?

Offline stitches4815

• !!!

Offline starchild

Check this out.

http://www.inkjetcarts.us/

Right.. so this is my dilemma..
inkjetcarts are comming in @ $200 for a set of 220ml cartridges with the reset chip..
but inkOwl's offering is for a 250ml set and throw in the rest chip it only comes up to $157
that's 30ml extra per cart! (not that it matters because they a refillable in any size..

What makes one more desirable over the next, other than price? I'm trying to eliminate unforeseeable issues with a purchase because it cost less.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
Oops!  My bad.  I didn't even look at prices.

Offline starchild

Oops!  My bad.  I didn't even look at prices.

If someone tells me otherwise about refillables, I even found some for $30 used and will be happy to roll with that.