Author Topic: 1 color discharge white on black  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
1 color discharge white on black
« on: June 19, 2012, 05:11:26 PM »
Looks great for 1 color. That white is like WHITE.   The halftones were slightly large IMO. Prob. near 40lpi  (I always prefer small dots in all cases). Thats just me. I think the customer is semi new to discharge and still not ready to go to smaller dots on it yet. Looks good tho.

The halftone % in the Kracken is 12% white and then 100% white.   The border of the logo is 30% white.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline starchild

Re: 1 color discharge white on black
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »
Big Dan!

I like it too.. I guess the 45lpi simulates texture of the monster.. Higher will probably look more like shading.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 05:38:15 PM »
nice Dan but did not he print it a little high? lol
I hate trying to print over collars :(

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »
Actually, this is a test print and setting a tad low I think. It's to have that top arm running off the color. I could be wrOng.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:59:20 PM »
If it actually runs off of the collar, it could open up a whole new problem of a white spot of discharge showing on the back!

btw, I think that the larger dots help give it the look of an old illustration.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »
If it actually runs off of the collar, it could open up a whole new problem of a white spot of discharge showing on the back!
  When on press, it sits on the palette with the neck has a decent amount of bare pallet between the front of the shirt and the back. So the tentacle overprint never hits the inside of the back of the shirt.

Good point. Prob. so.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 01:02:45 AM »
I'm thinking more of a deposit, or blob of ink collecting on the inside of the collar that will transfer when the shirt is removed and placed on the dryer belt.
If nothing else, I assume the boards must be wiped there at the top between shirts
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »
Well, I'll be. 

A 7 armed octopus, lol.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 08:10:23 AM »
  When on press, it sits on the palette with the neck has a decent amount of bare pallet between the front of the shirt and the back. So the tentacle overprint never hits the inside of the back of the shirt.

Good point. Prob. so.

Oddly enough, we've been doing some old maritime images for a customer lately with 20 lpi screen... art's funny that way, ain't it?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't