Author Topic: Sericol Texcharge Fluorescent Green  (Read 2373 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Sericol Texcharge Fluorescent Green
« on: September 12, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »
First run with the Sericol Fluoro's.  Damn.  Very impressed, this is  one hit on the manual with the manny blade through a 150/48 onto a Gildan 64000. 

This was a mixed garment run and it performed admirably across a wide range of fabricas and especially well on some bella baby rib tanks as well, soaking down into the wales, which I really like to see on that material, no cracked plastisol a year later, no super thick stretch base print. 

First pic has the flash to show it's truer color, the other no flash shows the texture better, same shirt. 

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Sericol Texcharge Fluorescent Green
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »
Got to love it. 1 screen, 1 hit, and done! No registering an underprint or flashing.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:14:04 PM »
sericol is my choice right now aswell, wonder why no other manufacturer offers a waterbase system that will discharge straight out of the bucket.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:23:16 PM »
sericol is my choice right now aswell, wonder why no other manufacturer offers a waterbase system that will discharge straight out of the bucket.

Sericol has worked on the Texcharge formulation for a long time now and I think they've just perfected the pigment load in the RFUs.  My initial presumption was that, more than any other ink system, discharge would need a pigment concentrate mix system but it's so nice to no worry about that at all, there's enough pita to setting up the discharge as it is.  I see all these other crazy recipes for Matsui, etc. and am very thankful we just mix out of the bucket, activate, and print. Retarder is the only additive in this ink line and we have a gallon on hand but I doubt we'll ever use a drop of it and we are in a very arid climate during most months.

I do still want to supplement our wb setup with pigments though, I'm sure there's a wall that you'll hit with RFU inks at some point, we just haven't hit it yet with the Texcharge. 

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 11:55:42 PM »

Sericol has worked on the Texcharge formulation for a long time now and I think they've just perfected the pigment load in the RFUs.  My initial presumption was that, more than any other ink system, discharge would need a pigment concentrate mix system but it's so nice to no worry about that at all, there's enough pita to setting up the discharge as it is.  I see all these other crazy recipes for Matsui, etc. and am very thankful we just mix out of the bucket, activate, and print. Retarder is the only additive in this ink line and we have a gallon on hand but I doubt we'll ever use a drop of it and we are in a very arid climate during most months.

I do still want to supplement our wb setup with pigments though, I'm sure there's a wall that you'll hit with RFU inks at some point, we just haven't hit it yet with the Texcharge.

I thought CCI just offered that?

For the Sericol and Matsui they both have their ups and downs. While we have only sampled one Sericol color (yellow) it worked great out of the bucket. However, it was nowhere near as bright as Matsui on black or any other color. However, for Matsui I am not going to lie - for almost every pantone, seriously, we have have our own pantone formula. After years of working with it we have it working great. If I was just getting into discharge I would pick Sericol hands down but what we can now achieve with Matsui pigments(with CCI base and white) I would not leave what we have. I can mix a yellow, red, blue, green, or whatever pantone that almost looks neon if I want. But that is just us and our shop. I am not going to lie it took about a year or so learning lessons along the way but it works for us. But both companies make great products. I would just fear trying to mix a pantone discharge without a formula. That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

On a side note and possibly another thread all my flat stock friends in Seattle are former t-shirt guys that left due to the frustration. Well, almost. Any other flat stock guys on here? Chris, I believe you are one? They all just tell me how much less frustration they have but I know they have to have their problems as well.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 12:00:52 AM »
And btw nice print man. You are absolutely right about printing discharge on ribbed t's and other difficult substrates. In my opinion the only way to go on those!

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 12:13:48 AM »

On a side note and possibly another thread all my flat stock friends in Seattle are former t-shirt guys that left due to the frustration. Well, almost. Any other flat stock guys on here?

12 years of labels, overlays, membrane switches, touch screens and electroluminescent lamps. Further discussion probably should go in another thread though...
Wishin' I was Fishin'