Author Topic: Gloves are off...Anatol  (Read 8425 times)

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: Gloves are off...Anatol
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »
ive replaced the tiny airlines on our anatols with Legris tubing and exchanged the hose barbs with press to lock style fittings.  no more leaks.

most recent was on the tridents index capture fork. 

im not sure what brand was on ours, but the Legris brand is French, and its vastly superior to the one that came with the machine.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 02:55:55 PM »
Doesn't it say something when A "respected industry machine CEO'' offers to help you, free of charge, just for the sake of helping you? I can't wait to show what he's helped me with recently.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 02:59:15 PM »
I don't know guys, but Anatol has been great for me service wise and all, Rich has done such a great job with service on his equipment over the years ppl now compare other companies to their model.  It would be nice if all auto companies used M&R's model of service but sadly they don't and this gives M&R the edge.  I would love to make Sams' money LOL, but would not run my biz like he does his(want be making that money), but on top of everything I just said companies should take care of customers after the sale if they want more busniess from them.  Zoo I hope they take care of you and get to be an Anatol customer for life I know that bad taste in your mouth now might last, but its equipment and things happen, if they lied to you that another story.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 04:28:14 PM »
That blows. They should take care of you. I've been taken care of fairly well during my stint as an Anatol user but not all of my needs were dealt with through Anatol. There is a tech on the west coast, Randy of OTS who knows more about Anatol than Anatol. He got me out of a big pinch when my amplifier went out. Of course in your case it is a manual and he nor anyone else other than Anatol can take care of your situation.  I hope they do the right thing. I'm watching your case with great interest.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 04:45:44 PM »
To update:  Anatol has given attention to this "all the way to the top" and have expressed interest in rebuilding the Thunder to fix the issues, shipping the re-designed machine to us and taking the old one back.  If the new machine still cannot perform as indicated, I may also send that machine back for a refund.   

In kind, I have offered to, one last time, assist with solutions to the problems.  Personally, I would rather just move on as I have spent an unreasonable amount of time and expense on this matter.  I am not in their employ and have only received costs, not compensation, for any of this.  On the other hand, I would still be happy to assist in making the Thunder a great press. 

I've sent another compilation of problems and solutions to them for creating a Thunder press that can lift and lower M3 roller frames or similar frame types correctly, consistently and without failure of the press and will follow up as soon as I am able with a video for them going over it all visually.

I also brought up a brief list of issues with my machine that, from hearing other issues here, could prevent many service problems across a variety of their products with some better attention at the factory.  My hope is they address these issues as well for better overall delivery of their product and rather than needing better attention to service, having less need for that service from the onset.

They have expressed a genuine desire to do better with this machine and a deep concern for the public nature of the issue. 

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »
Dude offense...I would dump that machine and get a new ( other Brand ) one...

just my two cents..

Sam

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 05:11:59 PM »
I really like Paul, was great to Shelly and I when we visited while press shopping.  The one thing that Anatol never sold me on was the very issue you see here, service.  I think they have potential to build a great machine and provide great service.  But they need to work on the service.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 06:14:25 PM »
Brandt..not to be a smart ass...but you say this is good craftsmanship?  to break at a weld like that is not good in any book...They must have dumbed down their work to get it a selling point...

like I said I would get a full refund and move on...this is their problem and it is sad it has to be out here in the public vs. taking care of it by anatol...

sad .....really really sad

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 06:28:17 PM »
Brandt..not to be a smart ass...but you say this is good craftsmanship?  to break at a weld like that is not good in any book...They must have dumbed down their work to get it a selling point...

like I said I would get a full refund and move on...this is their problem and it is sad it has to be out here in the public vs. taking care of it by anatol...

sad .....really really sad

Whoa there Sam I didn't say this was good craftsmanship.  I said they have the potential to build a great machine.  I think its a fair statement.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 07:34:19 PM »
gotcha...yeah everyone does...but not everyone will...

sam

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 08:10:47 PM »
just so we're clear here. this whole time, all you are trying to do is get this press to raise and lower M3's? Or am I missing something?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 08:15:02 PM »
A weld breaking is rare, but it happens, as MK said his M&R broke a major weld.  It might reflect their craftsmanship or it might be just a fluke.  As an isolated thing, I actually don't hold something like this too hard against anyone as MK didn't regarding his Gauntlet.  In my case, the replacement part is already in the mail for my press and if that's all it needed to be back up to par, nobody would have ever heard about this....

....but it needs much more than that and I've made it clear I'm tired of trying to help way back in July.  So, for me, this was simply the straw that broke the camels back.   

My camel can hold a lot of straw. 

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 08:36:41 PM »
just so we're clear here. this whole time, all you are trying to do is get this press to raise and lower M3's? Or am I missing something?

Yes.  It's a bigger problem than it sounds unfortunately due to the overall design.  They just never stuck a roller frame in one of these manuals, never considered it.  I'll leave it to your imagination (well I guess I didn't, you can see the pic) what issues might arise if you built a press with the mindset that an aluminum static frame was the only frame that would ever be used in the press and then sell it to someone using roller frames. 

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 08:52:23 PM »
Vastex baby, built like a tank, a real mans press... :P

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 11:05:39 AM »
Just a note, that I have just heard that Paul S. is no longer with Anatol.

I am anxious to find out his next step, as he always seemed like one of the good guys.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?