Author Topic: Gloves are off...Anatol  (Read 8381 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Gloves are off...Anatol
« on: October 03, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »
I've been patiently working with Anatol to try and make our Thunder manual hold M3 roller frames (as promised that it was built for before the sale) properly for over a year now with no progress. 

Today, this happened. 

What remedy do you have when a company sells you faulty equipment and refuses to do anything about it?  I ask, because I'm officially over it with this co. and want our cash back. 

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Gloves are off...Anatol
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
Holy crap! The welds should be stronger than the tubing.
"No man is an island"

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »
Damn.  I cannot believe that the weld has now broken.  I couldn't believe that you've had such a hard time getting them to take care of the issue of not being able to print with m3's and now this problem.

I know you've been more than kind to Anatol considering their lack of support given to you and how tough it must be putting this kind of info out there to the public, but I think it's warranted.  You've given them plenty of time to make things right and they haven't just dropped the ball, it seems like they never picked it up.  I'm sure this might actually get them moving a little bit knowing that hundreds of potential customers will see this at some point.  You'll likely get some pressure to take this down but I wouldn't do it until you are completely satisfied.

Sorry Zoo, you deserve much better than this.  How did the weld break, or better yet what exactly were you doing when it happened?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
Damn, what part of the press is that, I can't tell from the close-ups.  Also, can you show how the M3's don't work so others can see that problem too?  Now that the cat's out of the bag, might as well document the whole thing for the world to see right!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
Happened from normal use. My printer noticed the left side of the screen was down lower. I came in this morn to help with a larger job and there it was. 

I have honestly done more than I should to help Anatol with this.  My post isn't out of anger but the intent  is to get someone from the company to address this and, if they will not, to warn others.  A simple return will be far less costly to both parties than legal action to enforce the warranty. 

When someone does bad business with me I always respond by doing good business and getting to a compromise that works best for all. I just don't see why companies won't do it right from the start.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »
Part of the poor service record is that the people who engineered and built the original equipment are no longer with the company and, at least in my experience, the people who have replaced them have little or no background or experience. Everytime I had an issue I was asked to take a picture.
"Dont you want the serial and model #?"
"No that won't help pls take a picture."
Wow

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 01:51:32 PM »
I would have them send a welder in to fix it.  Our Gauntlet had to have the entire top of the press welded on.  No joke the entire head with all the print arms came loose and would free spin.

M&R sent a tech to investigate and when he was using the head to stabilize himself, it shifted.  M&R then sent a welder of our choice into fix it.  No problems since.  He did a bang-up job.

Our press shouldn't have broken either, but M&R took care of it like they should have.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
Holy Smokes, I am sorry Chris! Man, that is crazy. I really hope everything works out for you in a much quicker way now that your issue is public.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 03:06:27 PM »
crap.. sorry dude!  its got to be frustrating!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 03:19:41 PM »
Sorry to see that. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 04:08:46 PM »
I really hope everything works out for you in a much quicker way now that your issue is public.

Yep, seems like it expedited a resolution dramatically.  Sorry to see it came down to this.  I'll be happy to have this post removed if the return pans out. 

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 04:10:13 PM »
The problem is not the weld guys. The problem is that the tubing is to thin where the stress point is. If you look closely you will see it broke right next to the weld like it should. It is a design flaw not a welders error. If you weld it back up it will probably break like that again.

That sucks for you man.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »
dude...sorry to hear this...that really has to suck...but i am sure I am with the other guys here..if you need anything let me know...and we will do what we can to help you out man

sorry to see this

sam

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »
The problem is not the weld guys. The problem is that the tubing is to thin where the stress point is. If you look closely you will see it broke right next to the weld like it should. It is a design flaw not a welders error. If you weld it back up it will probably break like that again.

That sucks for you man.

You are right probably but a welder could fill it in where strength will be needed. Or at the least the welder should recognize a weak point and ask the engineers to alter the material.
"No man is an island"

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 04:32:31 PM »
I really hope everything works out for you in a much quicker way now that your issue is public.

Yep, seems like it expedited a resolution dramatically.  Sorry to see it came down to this.  I'll be happy to have this post removed if the return pans out. 

I assume they contacted you shortly after this thread opened?  You don't have to give details but does it sound like they are serious or just want this thread to be gone?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.