Author Topic: WM Plastics Eco Aqua Pura  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
WM Plastics Eco Aqua Pura
« on: October 13, 2012, 06:21:15 PM »
is anyone using this system? from my limited use with it, it cures with a simple fan, no additives. Open the container, print, box it up - no need to go down the dryer. We use it on knit hats, beanies and things we can't put heat on. I may visit this ink once again, I got a few quarts someplace. I think I want to get into WB a little more. We print 90% dark shirts and these plastisol underbases are brutal at times. . .

here it is if anyone is interested.
http://wmplasticsinc.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=52_79
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: WM Plastics Eco Aqua Pura
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 06:59:15 PM »
I know next to nothing about them but at the prices they are charging it better work! And they sell direct so if there was a middle man I don't know how they could even mark it up any more than what the price is now. But what is your opinion on these inks? How was the printing process with them? Wow abilities, clean up, shelf life, the whole nine yards. Worth it against the other options out there? Would be nice to hear what ya' think!

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 07:13:58 PM »
would love to hear more.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline mraph

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 12:44:05 AM »
Its a good product, you can get it at Tech Support screen printing Supplies  www.techsupportsps.com  888 600 6789

Alan Howe
Saati Chem a Division of Saati America
AHowe@Saati.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 04:05:48 AM »
  • This stuff sounds cool, I want to check it out.
  • You print on beanies?  Show me a pic!

I would like to try printing watch caps.  Does wool discharge?  Ha.  Seriously...does it?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 11:34:59 AM »
we used to print on those acrylic yupong hats, what we did is prestretch the hat with a cardboard insert, print it, let it dry and then remove the insert. I may have some kicking around. it worked pretty good for one color stuff, I wouldn't take it farther than that unless you have the stones to mess with it. not sure why I don't do it anymore, i guess embroidery took over the hat game here.

From what i remember, you have to put a base down first -they make a clear just for this, so your first print would be a base, then your color on top of that base, or just double hit your color. something like that. . .I remember it being stupid easy, so if your a new printer, no flash or conveyor dryer, this might be something to look into.

WM sends out sample quarts too, might be a worth a look. I have a job coming up and this stuff popped into my head as an option. I need to learn how to print WB white on dark hoodies.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 11:36:56 PM »
If you guys hit youtube you will find China and Mexican shops using this stuff printing right off boards and stacking shirts just about time they are printed.  I ask my rep at WM and she said that they sell alot of this type ink to them since a dryer is not needed, but you can not azz around on printing you got to keep it going.  I would mine trying these inks myself

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 04:35:49 PM »
I've been off the forum all week due to family stuff. I almost forgot about this ink! I think Ill order some up next week and give it a shot! This time of year we have have a fair amount of cash for R and D.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »
I was testing this stuff when it first came out, Alan from tech support came to my place and we spent the day using it. I am not a discharge water base like some of you guys but I got the feeling this stuff is more prone to drying in screen than the worst wb. That's the hardest part of printing with it, we initially used it for regular printing but it became far to frustrating and decided to shelve it. We still use it tho for printing on items manually. It air dries which is great. I think any of you guys proficient in wb or discharge would have a better chance at it. 
"No man is an island"

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 04:47:21 PM »
Hated it, sent it back. Terrible coverage and froze up in the screen super fast. I've been printing air dry inks since the early 70's, never saw anything like this. The tech guy told me that thinning would help the freezing (no kidding) but the coverage was real bad. I 'spose  if I'd had some time to experiment, but no time for that.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »
steve, was it worse than say, tw water based flat stock inks regarding dry in?  Tw is the most aggressive drying stuff I've used and it's manageable on the clam shell and the manual for us.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 06:27:04 PM »
we had some drying issues, but we would mist with water and it would be fine, no worse than any other Wb ink we used before. . .hell, if you can snag a free sample, it's worth a shot. I think it has it's place. They may have fixzed the formula for the drying times now that I think about. I remember hearing something about a new formulation. . .