Author Topic: Smoothing Screen / Smushout  (Read 6832 times)

Offline Action1

Re: Smoothing Screen / Smushout
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 06:23:25 PM »
I sent an email to you earlier to get this resolved. It went to Sean.
I'm seriously tiring of this EB. Your comments and tactics seriously lack proffessionalism. I looked up your order. I sent an email. Why take this tact over for 1 custom sized pallet?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 06:50:39 PM »
The only email I have from you is a spam regarding your holy roller which I received a few minutes ago.
So you can't say you don't have the right address!

You have had two full days to contact me, and I understand if you are busy, but you seem to be able
to find the time to reply to this thread in regards to those that praise your product, only.

Please re-read the thread. I have a problem with nearly all products I have received from you.
Hell, my first winged flood had weld splatter on it. Yet no welding is involved in that product?
The ends had some gnarly burrs on it too that I had to clean up. I know you aren't a printer
(but if I was in your shoes I would have a press in-house or at least access to one for
all machine types you make equipment for) but a burr on the business end of a floodbar is a big
no no.

I'm not asking for much, just that you give me what I paid for. You charge (more than) top dollar for
your products, and if I'm going to pay it (in many cases I have no choice, that will change though) I
expect that I get a top notch product. I have not.

What is even more mind-boggling than your "response" to a customers concerns, is that making these
products is dead simple! There's like literally, 1 variable for winged floodbars, the width. We deal
with custom orders that will have literally unlimited variables. And we nail them. And if we don't, we make it
right, plain and simple.

You have a monopoly on a niche, but if this is how you conduct business than best of luck to you.
A buddy of mine is starting a machine shop, and I will strongly recommend that he start producing
many of the same products. Hell of a better craftsman than what I've seen from you....

Don't bother contacting me, I'm done with your company.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2012, 07:29:01 PM »
Video of Action's MHM Pallets.

Sorry it's sideways. And blurry. I think it get's the point across though.

Why the pallet wouldn't be made to OE specs, or even the specs
of their previous pallets is beyond me.

Why take this tact over for 1 custom sized pallet?

Way to try and belittle myself and the situation. That one pallet cost ~$300. I expect it to
work correctly.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2012, 07:57:29 PM »
Gawd I hate it when two people that I consider both to be friends or board buds squabble.
I can not believe that this could not get resolved. This has to be a communication breakdown.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 08:40:29 PM »
Video of Action's MHM Pallets.
Why take this tact over for 1 custom sized pallet?

Way to try and belittle myself and the situation. That one pallet cost ~$300. I expect it to
work correctly.

How does something like that get past QC?

I'm seriously tiring of this EB. Your comments and tactics seriously lack proffessionalism. I looked up your order. I sent an email. Why take this tact over for 1 custom sized pallet?

Action (is this Eric or his son) I don't know what your trying to prove, EB is the customer. Action, You sir are the one that messed up here not EB. If you stand behind your products (like you say) then you should be making it right not telling EB his comments and tactics seriously lack professionalism. This was a opportunity for you to prove you stand behind your products and make things right. Instead this looks really bad. You come off like a cocky bully that would rather thank people for pats on the back then fix your screw up. I am sorry hate me for being honest but this looks bad.

This is an area Rich from M&R really understands. I have read customers of M&R not happy and then Rich chimes in to do everything he can to make it right. Sometimes it wasn't even his product or his fault. I guess not every supplier in this industry acts the same. Some jump at fixing problems and others belittle. Sorry this struck a nerve with me since this could have been pallets I got for my MHM.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:21:27 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline Action1

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2012, 09:35:02 AM »
Gentlemen:

I apologize for my lack of proper diplomacy here. This began when I posted a reply to EB's initial question. His reply to me was something I interpreted as inappropriate. Perhaps now I see that my reply to that was a bit over-defensive. Sorry guys. I'm not used to it. We typically have people praising us and not the other way. If it were to happen again the response is not likely to be what it was.

That being said, and with all sincerity -  We would have worked hard to solve these issues immediately if your discontent had been communicated back in June when the pallet came in. Our records indicate one phone call that we replied to and no emails on the subject. I am convinced that we were not properly made aware of your discontent. One phone call and then 6 months later - this. The statements made were over the top and totally untrue.

Regarding the flood bar height – Our  WFB assemblies have a height adjustable plate and it sounds as though the plate is not correctly positioned. All we need is a phone call or email to correct the issue.
One other thing EB - your pallet order came in on June 1st for a custom sized Honeycomb Pallet. We made it from scratch and had it out the door in 2 work days. I think that’s pretty good service myself. I apologize if there was an issue - but sir - we would have taken care of it if we were given the proper chance.

Jon - I thank you for your honest input as it made me see I was not 100% right in my response.   However – I am compelled to defend our companies reputation when statements are made that reflect our product  quality &company integrity.

EB – I don’t want bad product in the field and customers that are unhappy. Let us correct the issue. I sent an email yesterday – did it not come in?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2012, 11:51:11 AM »
Haven't heard anything from you yet. I emailed about a month ago with my concerns on the pallet (stock size by the way) and floodbars. I can post your reply here if need be.

Yes the product was ordered quite awhile ago, my first flood was probably 4 years ago or so. Initially I assumed it must be something on my end as this was Action I was dealing with. When I had one flood come in (in an order of four I think) that was so obviously wrong that it would rip screens before doing it's job, I called to get it replaced, and was made to jump through hoops, being told it was my fault, I think I even paid for return shipment. Why one floodbar out of four would be so off is beyond me? Do you guys do our own manufacturing?

I also took a picture yesterday of the floodbars I have from you guys. I have ordered them three separate times from Action and we have three different heights as well as three different angles. I will see if I can attach it from my phone. There are enough variables in this business that I do not want to be adding more. Especially at $100 a piece.

I don't take kindly to the way you have handled this. If initially you had taken care of me then none of this would have happened. This is business, you are going to have eat crow sometimes. While many (M&R) customers may praise you, your MHM products aren't going out so hot. Hell, some folks just might not even know. You charge more than enough to send out exceedingly correct product. You charge more than enough to replace incorrect product. I guarantee you I have cost you much more here than whatever the materials and labor would have cost to make me happy in the first place.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »
You know, in reading your post I'm still seeing you trying to discredit me, your customer.
Tell me which statement I made that is untrue.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »
Floodbars are surprisingly difficult to photograph.

Offline Action1

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »
I called your office a moment ago and emailed you also. Please respond so that we can  correct the issues you are having. 800/228-4668

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2012, 01:12:13 PM »
Today is my Saturday part 1 so I will be in touch Monday.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2012, 01:20:32 PM »
Look, Action dude, you sent someone bad product, you dropped the ball on replacing and it appears in the case of MHM accessories that you have consistently made some items inconsistently, that's not ebscreen's fault and you should be thankful some people like himself and screenedgear are being honest with you and not just moving on without saying a word.

There is no reason you should be sending out product like that platen in the video- that's just plain silly and you and everyone else knows it.  It's simple machining.  Fix it up and onward to doing better work.

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2012, 05:42:22 AM »
Sucks that Eb got some bum stuff. We've bought lots of stuff from Eric at Action and it's always been good stuff. Not to say EB didn't have a legit gripe, but in my exp. Eric has always gotten us good crap, taken care of problems when they arose, and was nice to talk to when we met in person... He likes to smoke almost as much as i do!
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart