Author Topic: A formal introduction of DKgrafix Limited  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
A formal introduction of DKgrafix Limited
« on: April 07, 2011, 07:48:28 AM »
As I have seen a formal introduction from Frog, I decided to upgrade mine.

Grew up in Croatia and Serbia, and moved to the States in 2000. After majoring in Architecture while I was back in Serbia, and not having money finish it up here, I decided to start taking classes at community college in a field of Graphic design.
While still in school, I started DKgrafix Limited in 2006 as a small Graphic design studio ran from my bedroom. A few month later, I started offering web design when I met my partner and web guru Alex.
With a purchase of a home in 2009, I was able to start offering Embroidery (a condo building was not a best place for a embroidery machine before I bought a house). In late 2010, with the idea of being a small one-stop-shop for a local businesses, I bought used Screen Printing equipment (6/4 Legend manual and auto flash, 824 Atlas dryer, 40-1K Nuark exposure and home built drying cabinet and washout booth).
Now I can offer, Graphic and web design (everything printed and web related needed for a business), embroidery, Screen printing and promotional products, and on a top of that I have a full time job in pre-press/graphic design department in a packaging/printing company.
With two small boys (5 and 3 this summer), I do not want to get too big as of now, I want ease-in while I learn screen printing, and when they start going to school, I might thing about getting out of my basement and getting a legitimate shop.

Pierre, thank for a great place for a down-to-earth screen printers and artists, and in advance I would like to thank to all of you for a future pointers and all the help on this forum.

Lets make this place our cyber home!!!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: A formal introduction of DKgrafix Limited
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:48:26 AM »
Grew up in Croatia?   You know Pierre is Cro also.  Who'd of thunk it.

Interesting to see how people got to where they are today.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: A formal introduction of DKgrafix Limited
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:15:03 AM »
Grew up in Croatia?   You know Pierre is Cro also.  Who'd of thunk it.

Interesting to see how people got to where they are today.
Yes, I know Pierre. He helped me a lot few months ago.
When he stopped by to help me, we were laughing about being Serbian an Croatian in one room with knife and no blood around us :)

Governments and politics can make a mess sometimes.

Pierre is a great guy.