Author Topic: SGIA show in New Orleans, LA Oct. 19-21  (Read 8388 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
SGIA show in New Orleans, LA Oct. 19-21
« on: June 13, 2011, 10:36:07 AM »
http://www.sgia.org/events/current_expo/sgia11/  I will be attending and hopefully, we will have a shirt in for the competition.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Re: SGIA show in New Orleans, LA Oct. 19-21
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:16:19 AM »
I might have to go then. But I will be in the beer drinking competition category ;)  Who's in?

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »
I will volunteer to judge the beer drinking comp. but I won't be participating. It seems whenever I drink I start thinking of different names for womens body parts!

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »
I will volunteer to judge the beer drinking comp. but I won't be participating. It seems whenever I drink I start thinking of different names for womens body parts!

LOL... More than likely, I will be out after 2 rounds. I used to be the life of the party, now days after 3 beers I fart and pass out.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 03:06:44 PM »
I would like to have a gathering of all those going to the show from "The Shirt Board".  I'm sure Pierre will be going. It would be fun just to hang out for an evening.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 03:11:20 PM »
OK, so I'm still confused. Would there, or would there not be drinking involved?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
The Shirt Board does not promote or endorse drinking ....but I myself will be having a few somewhere on one or more of those evenings. All are welcome to join me. :)  I am going to bring the Mrs and make it a mini vacation. Never been to Nawlens.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 05:27:58 PM »
OK, so I'm still confused. Would there, or would there not be drinking involved?

Positively.. but perhaps not at a professional level.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »
No fair Dave.  Professionals should not compete with amateurs.  The only fair way would be for you to drink a 12 pack to everyone else's single beers.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 04:35:50 PM »
So it's a PRO/AM drinking contest?
I'll check with my sponsors to make sure there are no conflicts... I hope I can make it!!!

Here we go ...again

Offline Clark

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »
I'll be there.  Got family with a place on Bourbon street....hopefully I can make it to the show if I'm not too hungover.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 06:21:39 PM »
Damn I want to go.  I'm tired of only going to the ISS Ft. Worth, I need to go to the big shows.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 08:01:04 AM »
The best show for textile printers in the States is the Impressions show in Long Beach in January. I have been doing just about every show for over 25 years and Long Beach Impression show beats them all by a huge margin. Booths at that show sell out every year and the attendance of most manufacturers is the highest in the industry. Might want to consider it.
Rich Hoffman

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 10:11:40 AM »
So it's a PRO/AM drinking contest?
I'll check with my sponsors to make sure there are no conflicts... I hope I can make it!!!

Nutz! That falls right on the heels of Biketoberfest. I don't know if my liver will be out of the dryer in time.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 03:33:44 PM »
The best show for textile printers in the States is the Impressions show in Long Beach in January.

2nd the motion!

SGIA is a massive event of it's own and worth a trip, maybe just maybe if a nice order lands on my plate, but think we're reserving the time off for Christmas in Spain this yr.  8)
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services