Author Topic: M&R squeegee holders  (Read 2123 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
M&R squeegee holders
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:34:18 AM »
We just got some with a gauntlet that we purchased, And i hate replacing the blades on these old M&R squeegee holders.

Does anyone have any good advice for an easy way to switch out the blades on these until i order some newer style ones?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: M&R squeegee holders
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:00:35 PM »
If they don't come apart then i just spray screen opener on the edge both side let soak for 2-3 min. let pull out with vise grip or equialants. Put back in spray on both side helps them get in easier.
I have 97 gauntlet with both fixed and 2 pc type squeegee holder.
Shane

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: M&R squeegee holders
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 06:18:35 PM »
I have both types (came with our flatstock gear) and don't really mind either too much.  I'm taking the "get more holders for cheap" approach to keep a variety of blades on hand and minimize swapping blades out.

Try replacing the hardware- nuts and bolts - on the older ones, might make a huge difference. 

That new system M&R has is freaking sweet if you want easy changeover.  Kwik change or something, can't remember what it's called. The holders aren't any more/less that others but there's a pneumatic machine you need to buy to use them.  If they had a more affordable device to load/unload the blades I would invest in it but I can't really justify a $1k machine that just allows quicker blade changes, we dont' do it enough to see a good return on that.