Author Topic: 4CP Discharge  (Read 1344 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
4CP Discharge
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:53:10 AM »
It's what I've been told can't be done but.....
Shortcomings? Yes; the print is only six inches wide, busted a weld on one head and had to forgo the hi white, and my cyan formula is a bit too strong.
Printed on an early 90s circa six color GT, statics. 65LPI 305 mesh
(on a Friday morning 6:45 am so that explains a lot) Definitely can do better just waiting to stumble upon some first class seps from way back.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: 4CP Discharge
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 08:34:01 AM »
I like, I like!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline JORDANART

• Verified/Junior
  • jordandowningart.com
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:09:56 AM »
What angles did you use for the CMYK?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 10:18:36 AM »
Awesome!   I love when people tell me that it can't be done. I get that feeling of doing the impossible...but then reality hits and I have to say, "They just don't know what they don't know yet".  Have I done that (no. not technically on my own in my own shop but yes, for other people. Don't know if they came out (this good). ;) Good job sir.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 11:01:46 AM »
Thanks Dan but we can do much better, this one is next
Oh 22.5 for the angle

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 11:19:48 AM »
Thats another old wives tail that you needed (or would be best) to use the rosette patterns...to achieve a good 4 color process print.  Debunked.

Now, if I were trying to win an award, I may use different angles to try to show how (on the technical side) the submitted print was more difficult to control (using and achieving a god rosette pattern) but that would simply be to show how we handle the difficulty. Not that its much more beneficial compared to 22.5 or any single angle  I know many more award winners that do not use the rosettes on the 4 color process.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850