Author Topic: Corel Draw installation problem  (Read 10317 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Corel Draw installation problem
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »
Aye, my amphibious friend.
The extra security...it's all with good intentions, but it can be a royal pain as well.

The whole thing with 'windows update service stopped' has me thinking I may be on the right track.

It's not a wasted day Steve, if you stick with it, and find a solution.

Net framework is..it's alot of extra instruction code that helps developers write programs that work with windows.
Kinda like..say C++ language, not exactly but similar results.
Look it up on wikipedia for a bunch of tech-speak.
Corel should have it on the install disk, the same thing I linked too.

So..this leads me to believe your user account won't let you do what needs to be done.
( of course, I'm sittin here, and you're sittin there in front of it, so.. ??? )
Just trying to help.

Net framework,
Microsoft constantly updates it, but many developers have been using older versions as well, since software can take years to create.
Hence, your initial install doesn't put it in, cause it knows it will change.
Direct X works similar, for what windows will bother installing ( the whole database is wasted disk space, the installer will grab what you need out of it. )
Don't be suprised if you have DirectX 11 installed, for example, and you put an older game, or some other software that directly interfaces with your graphics card,
and windows starts installing what it needs from older versions.

That's likely all about as clear as mud.
 :-\
Hope it made some sense.

Cheers.

Unfortunately, it's less clear than mud, and no help, but that's because I don't have the terminology or PC knowledge to draw on, not that your effort is lacking. To the right guy, it's probably spot on... It shouldn't be this way at all. If I buy a hammer, I don't have to know how to drop-forge the head, or carve the handle. Security should come in when it's necessary, not right up front where the user is completely in the dark. On my Mac, this would be done, but Corel don't play dat... but thanks Chadwick, I do appreciate it.

Steve

I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »
Steve try this.

Since it is stating your "windows update service" is not running lets turn it on.

Click on start menu
Hover over Comptuer, right click and select "manage
In the center panel select "Services and applications" (double click)
Now you will see "services" double click that
This will bring up all those windows services many need to be automatic some manual and some can be disabled.
Scroll through all the services till you find windows update service, double click on it
First set it to manual hit apply, then select start which will start it.
You can also set it to automatic so it will always run when your on, better yet tho set to delay automatic start so it is not one of the other hundreds trying to start when your windows reboots.

Any ways this will get your "windows update running" and maybe now you can get the .et framework to install.

Oh yea I wouldn't really blame Corel on this since the software cannot run with out that particular software its more a windows issue than anything.

"No man is an island"

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
Thanks Mike, I'll get to that for the early evening shift, LOL. Man, are we slammed... good time for problems.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't