Author Topic: The opposite of fibrillation?  (Read 795 times)

Offline StuJohnston

The opposite of fibrillation?
« on: July 02, 2013, 01:58:51 PM »
I have started to do a little discharge and I noticed something that bugs me. I noticed that the softer shirts like nanos and such have fluff on them from the start. The problem that I have is that this fluff ends up printed and after a wash or two, it stick out from the garment and can make it look like little streaks of color. I suppose this is one of those things that the customer doesn't notice or care about, but I can't help but think this is unavoidable.

Actually, I just took a look at two shirts and only one of them had this problem. The Anvil 980 is fine whereas the Hanes Nano isn't. It probably doesn't help that the Nano is a yellow on black print.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: The opposite of fibrillation?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 02:00:48 PM »
How's your penetration? You want to saturate those fibers. It's really is not unlike select dyeing through
a stencil. Inside of shirt should appear at about %50 color.

Offline StuJohnston

Re: The opposite of fibrillation?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 03:46:48 PM »
I mean that there are fibers sticking out from the printed side that, when brushed, overlap with the shirt color. Sorry, thinking about it now, the opposite of fibrillation could also mean that the shirt color is showing through the print. What I mean is that the print is overlapping the shirt color because the discharged fibers of the shirt art sticking out from the printed area.

Does that make any sense? To clarify, the penetration isn't the issue. The discharge color is fine.