Author Topic: find and replace issue  (Read 3098 times)

Offline supergabe

• Verified/Junior
find and replace issue
« on: July 08, 2011, 06:22:17 PM »
Hi I been using corel draw for two years  it has been a great tool for me  so far. Recently i had a little problem with find and replace macro
when i hit replace a color the cmyk palette it`s been replace by the rgb one i would like to bring it back to the default cmyk again.
it seems a small problem. but it`s driving me nuts.
any ideas would be appreciated thanks in advance

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: find and replace issue
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 06:28:04 PM »
Make sure your CMYK palette is your default palette with in Corel that should convert all other palettes globally to use CMYK as default.
"No man is an island"

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 01:08:47 AM »
Ah Find and Replace. reminds me of some of the things I miss from Freehand, that Illustrator just doesn't have. Maybe I should be looking at Corel. Is it closer to freehand than AI? No comments needed, don't want to hijack the thread, just reminiscing.

Offline supergabe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 02:21:02 AM »
I already double check for the default cmyk palette under color dockers cmyk is cheked  and nothing else. the palette shows in the screen
even repair the program in the uninstalled programs with no luck nothing seems to make it back to the default cmyk palette
can`t think of on any other solution tonight  maybe something or someone would come this way with a solution
night night team mates ???

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 02:06:37 PM »
...I have been doing this in leiu of the find and replace macro...

Make sure the file you are working on is the only file open in Corel. Goto TOOLS and open the Color styles docker. Drag ALL of the image into the docker, and a list of colors in the graphic will show up. From there you can drag and drop colors from the pallette you want to use over the ones you want to replace, and they will change.

When I am done, I will usuallly recheck it by doing this: delete all the colors from the Color Styles docker (it wont change the graphic), then close it. Reopen it, and drag the image in again. Should only list the colors you want now. If any color comes up again that shouldnt be, just repeat the dragging and dropping.

...I use this to convert all colors in a file to the PMS pallette colors, which makes separating a bit easier. Its also cool for doing vector underbases, Just print all your color films, then drag and replace the those colors with PMS Trans White, then print the Trans White Sep.

...Just another way to catch a mouse. Hope this helps!
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline supergabe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:17:44 AM »
Howdy team mates
I had been busy didn`t have time to post  lately
the fix to bring back the cmyk palette was simple. press f8 when u are opening DRAW it will set it to the
default setting . save your workspace prior doing the change it`ll save u tons of time
have a nice day

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 11:20:23 PM »
Corel's default workspace is immensely customizable.
Herein can lie the problem, depending how you look at it.
One can bork it up without realizing it, adobe can be the same at times.
F8 is handy for this, not sure how to reset adobe.
You can do a save of a custom workspace as well, and revert to that, I believe.
Might be something to look into.
 :)