Author Topic: Canvas 3001 Dark Gray Heather  (Read 770 times)

Offline chubsetc

Canvas 3001 Dark Gray Heather
« on: July 30, 2013, 09:03:01 PM »
Ran a job today with these, DCUB then bright blue, white and yellow.  Shirts looked great, well the xs, s, XL, and xxl.  Those all discharged awesome.  The mediums and larges did not discharge, lost about 30 before we noticed it.  Finished the job then switched the base over to white plastisol to finish what was left of the meds and larges.  Took a look at the tags, shirts that discharged were all made in Pakistan, shirts that would not were made in India.

The question, is there a way to avoid this?  Also do I remember someone saying the 3001u made in USA T's are guaranteed to discharge?

I do not like flashing these as they are very sensitive and the discharge base gives a very nice feel with bright colors.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: Canvas 3001 Dark Gray Heather
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 12:14:22 AM »
I had a similar problem with a large run of Allstyle zip hoodies, all discharged just fine except the medium, which looked like crap and only discharged about 50% of what all the other sizes did. Upon closer inspection, the material was a totally different looking weave and the "black" was quite a bit browner too, even though they were all made in the same place and had the exact same tags. The only way to avoid that problem is to check tags and test all the different sizes before running I guess.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Admiral

Re: Canvas 3001 Dark Gray Heather
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 11:18:22 AM »
We've had runs of those shirts where everything prints alright, then a handful melt under the flash because they were manufactured in India.  We just try to avoid doing those shirts now.  Not something easy to avoid, try talking to your supplier I guess.