Author Topic: Clean Cell Phone  (Read 1374 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Clean Cell Phone
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:31:38 PM »
Well, I just washed my third cell phone last night in the washing machine, wife came out with it in her hand, cause she heard a banging noise in the dryer.  I'm what the F now, so I thought about some crap I saw on a info show about putting your wet phone in a bowl of uncooked rice, so I say what the F its dead anyway.  I took the battery out and placed the phone and battery in the bowl and poured the rice on top, guess what that SOB actually came back on this morning working like nothing ever happen...now there is a tip for yo azz LOL

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Admiral

Re: Clean Cell Phone
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
My first cell phone was an alcoholic and dropped into a pitcher of beer.  I snagged it right out and said "no beer for you!", pulled out the battery and went on with my night.  2 days later plugged it back in and it worked completely fine.  The washing and drying is way more extreme though..that's insane. 

There are a lot of water proof phones out there which would be nice, mostly in Japan though.

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 05:00:56 PM »
jumped in my hot tub a few weeks back and sure enough, my phone was in my pocket. didn't hit me for about 5 minutes, it was toast. the little red decal showed up..I did the same thing D, left it for about 5-6 days and boom. phone works like it never happened. Too bad I still have AT&T, damn bastards are always raising rates for something, last thing I wanted to do is buy a new phone.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 05:21:47 PM »
I know what you mean Jay I got AT&T also, rate suckers

D

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 06:16:51 PM »
Some quirks may still arise... so just think about it when they do.  Keep you from scratching your head on why it's acting up.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 07:29:20 AM »
I saw a news story it was on Fox the other day about several techonology companies that soon will be able to waterproof your smart phone. here is a liknk 
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/01/09/finally-can-throw-your-phone-in-toilet/

Just FYI
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 08:11:04 AM »
before smart phones Casio made a military spec phone.  My dad and I both had one.  his went through the wash, came out working fine.  Those things were serious.

If anybody needs a new phone, the Google Nexus 4 is on sale for $199 right now(through google).  Just bought 2, it's a killer phone.

when cars go under water a lot of times the radios will play for 10-15 minutes before they stop.  it's usually the combo of water and electricity that fries them.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 11:13:59 AM »
I need waterproofing this is like the third phone I've washed, got lucky on this one though, my wife said they are going to cancel our cell phone insurance at the rate I'm going LOL.

D

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 12:52:29 PM »
phone insurance nowadays is a ripoff, the deductibles are insane