Author Topic: Gildan Light Blue Scorching?  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Grape Ape

• Verified/Junior
Gildan Light Blue Scorching?
« on: October 02, 2013, 12:46:32 PM »
Has anyone had problems with Gildan Light Blue garments scorching when pressed after DTG? Also the shirts will not cure going down the dryer. Thanks.

Offline jmelendez

Re: Gildan Light Blue Scorching?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:18:52 PM »
I came onto this forum because I  was looking to answers for some other questions I had that may have been answered already, but I do frequent other boards often and keep very up to date following DTG technology.
Gildan right now is not the shirt to use for DTG - unless you are using black, ash or white.
They put a chemical in there shirts this year that does not interact with pretreats nicely.
I have been using hanes beefy tees lately for odd colors - any other color besides the above three, but even black, ash and white hanes or fruit of the loom shirts have printed better I think.
Print well and prosper.
Javi

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 11:29:23 PM »
Electric dryer by chance? When I bought our DTG machine the company was rather clear to us to not use a electric dryer. They said ideally a gas dryer but the vast majority of shops use a heat press.

Sorry I can't be more of a help than that, but our DTG has been sitting in a corner for the last year ::)
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 12:56:14 AM »
On a very similar note,
I just ran a CAR09 Precious Cargo Onesie in a heat press, and the first side went perfectly, while the second, at the same temp, time and pressure, scorched!

I have to chalk it up to uneven distribution of a sizing agent or something similar.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?