Author Topic: Workhorse Sabre  (Read 3475 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Workhorse Sabre
« on: August 08, 2014, 02:29:58 PM »
Anyone have one of these puppies yet?

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Re: Workhorse Sabre
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 02:36:02 PM »
Spot Color Supply has some set up in Atlanta and is doing demos. I've been out there twice to check it out.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 03:01:47 PM »
Spot Color Supply has some set up in Atlanta and is doing demos. I've been out there twice to check it out.

Verdict?

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 03:03:05 PM »

What do you think of it?? 

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 04:04:33 PM »
I am interested to hear others opinions on this press. I was very impressed with it when I saw it in long beach. It's honestly #2 on my list behind an m&r right now for when we purchase a second press

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 04:10:29 PM »
Anyone who is in the Southeast is more than welcome to come check it out!!! We have it all set up bring some screens and try printing on it!!!
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 11:17:51 PM »
What do you think of it?? 
Verdict?

It's pretty impressive. It's WAY more advanced than the other Workhorse autos of yesteryear. Runs smooth and fast. Just running it dry, we had it running full stroke lengths (single pass) at 67/dz/hr. The tablet interface is very user friendly and the wifi connectivity coupled with the online production interface has tons of potential. Saved job history would make a breeze of re-orders/re-prints. The self updating / functionality gain feature is super cool. There was a program update as Brannon and Scott were demoing it. I got to see it go through the update process.
Concerns are powder coated screen lock downs. The flashback seems cool but as I've never worked with one in a real production setting, I'm not certain it could keep up. Someone who has one should chime in on that. Overall, it appears to be a great press. Being a fairly new jump for Workhorse, they're still working out the bugs. I intend on visiting Spot Color Supply again for an actual production demo. I can update my opinion after that. I can't say I have a final opinion, yet.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 01:15:02 AM »
wow, Just looked at the video clip they posted up.

Does the tablet do all the stuff in the following youtube clip?
Owner's Portal Demo

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 06:30:05 AM »

Owner's Portal Demo

Ok, that is impressive. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 08:40:36 AM »
I agree, nice interface.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 09:46:15 AM »

Owner's Portal Demo

Yes that is how the portal works on the press. They are even adding more options to this. This software is great for the owners of the equipment. They can manage what production was done that day and keep track of the jobs when out of the office.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline Baron265

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 10:10:20 AM »
fyi, The job details that are sent to the Sabre press, (through the Owners Portal) are customizable. You can use our template or create your own.
Paul Schmidt
Regional Manager
Workhorse Products, Inc.
(602)414-3684
pschmidt@workhorseproducts.com

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »
The Sabre was one of the presses I looked at when shopping, and felt it was the most innovative out of the bunch.  From what I've seen, workhorse looks to be way ahead of the game on the software front, and I'd imagine it will take some time for the rest of the pack to catch up.  I see it as the iPhone of screen printing presses, and was very impressed with that side of it.

On the other hand, the hardware is where I felt the press was lacking, at least for what I was looking for in a second automatic.  If they implement this operating system into the Falcon series, which I would imagine is in the works, it may be tough to beat.

Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 11:49:57 AM »
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 12:36:01 PM »
  If they implement this operating system into the Falcon series, which I would imagine is in the works, it may be tough to beat.

It will at least make it a player in the field of upper end presses. I have to admit I kind of lucked out when i bought my used 12/14 Falcon E as I didn't know a lot about auto's and all the little features many don't have. My press has almost all of the printing features that the Sabre does, but I don't think I can apply them to individual print heads like shown on the Sabre video. I can see that being advantageous for jobs like DC underbase and platisol top colors or the like.

The computor production planning integration of the Sabre would be a great tool for large multi-auto shops!

Wishin' I was Fishin'