Author Topic: t-worksmanager software, is he still supporting it?  (Read 8301 times)

Offline lastboat

t-worksmanager software, is he still supporting it?
« on: February 24, 2015, 02:03:40 PM »
I wanted to try t-worksmanager software, but he doesn't answer emails or his phone.  He hasn't had a post in this forum in 2 years.  But I did see that the program was updated sometime last year.
Does anyone use it still and does he support it?  Can you get vendor updates for it?
thanks

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: t-worksmanager software, is he still supporting it?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 02:11:34 PM »
why not try something else? There are plenty of options out there that will answer your calls.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 02:13:25 PM »
ugh, I am dealing with all of this right now...after the mess that is T-quoter, we are trying to find a new one and frankly, they all stink in some form or fashion.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 02:15:47 PM »
We still use it. I haven't talked to Joe in quite a while, although he usually answer eventually if you call him a couple times.

I don't think he has ever done vendor updates. We've always had to do our own.

But Pierre is right, way better options out there.

thanks
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 02:21:08 PM »
Fast Manager does updates, but I wouldn't suggest its the absolute best solution.  I have considered looking at others. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline lastboat

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 02:24:39 PM »
I used t-quoter in past, and it was fine, then he sold company and with win7 I haven't gone back, and it wasn't that good really.

What is a good system that doesn't require subscription?  In the under $1000 range. Prefer $400-500
thanks

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 02:28:09 PM »
i feel like t-quoter could have been a great program, but the new company hasn't done squat with it except remove features.

We are leaning towards Impress.  It's pricey, but it like t-quoter on steroids.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 02:30:14 PM »
Something i've talked about with Chris from Zoo city for a long time. Nothing out there looks great. Everything looks like it was built on and for windows 95.

I'd say Printavo is the best out there, but I haven't really found it to work for our shop just yet. But to be fair I haven't spent a great deal of time with it.
Night Owls

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 02:35:03 PM »
how much does impress run? i never looked into that one before. It looks great, but i think it only runs on windows. we run almost everything on macs.
Night Owls

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 02:35:22 PM »
Stay away from T-Works or anything else Joe is working on. His products have a lot of potential to be great, but the support SUCKS and the program is very very buggy. We dumped T-Works back in November, and switched to Printavo. Printavo does lack a few features I'd like to have, but it's so much more reliable, Bruce is really great at customer service, and the program is being updated on a regular basis. Plus it's all web-based!

Just my 2 cents... stay away from T-Works. Get anything else.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 02:35:43 PM »
I tried out printavo recently and was really impressed.  I had tried it a few years ago and it seemed way too simple and featureless, but it has changed a lot for the better.  I even submitted a few change requests (small stuff like spacing on invoices etc) and not only did the guy (bruce I think?) respond instantly, but he even pushed updates NEXT DAY for some of them.  I was blown away...

And that was while just trying it, not even being a paying customer.  He just seemed to agree if it was a good change he would make it to help everyone.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 02:40:55 PM »
impress for us would be about $2100 to install and about $400 a month.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 04:43:23 PM »
I keep bringing up TeeCal and just seems like not many others use it. The support is phenomenal and the program does just about everything I can think of (it still needs QuickBooks though, but so the most others, too). It is not perfect, but I am pretty happy with it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 05:58:09 PM »
I'll admit to having never really looked into any of these software options.
We use a combination of Quickbooks with an elaborate Items list, Google Calendar, and Google Drive.
What are the real benefits of using this software?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:00:33 PM by kingscreen »
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 05:59:22 PM »
I'd have to second TeeCal as well.  It has some issues when it syncs with quickbooks and a couple of other viewing issues with it's reports but it has the bang for your buck from what I've seen.