Author Topic: Control by Cyrious Software. Any users out here?  (Read 5511 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Control by Cyrious Software. Any users out here?
« on: July 23, 2015, 01:45:53 PM »
http://www.cyrious.com/control/

I think I will give this a shot as it is SQL based rather than FileMaker so I have a little more confidence in the database. They seem to have anything I can think of and it goes deeper than what I can come up with (more options for each action).

They offer monthly subscription that is very reasonable. It was originally for the sign industry, but they have all the garment decorating (actually they have all kinds of modules) stuff already configured (scheduling, color counts, mesh counts and so on).

anybody out here using it? It just seems too good to be true.

pierre

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Control by Cyrious Software. Any users out here?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 01:46:51 PM »
I should say that I spent two ours with their sales guy going through it with a fine tooth comb and was very impressed!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 02:09:21 PM »
i've never even heard of it.

Offline BorisB

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 02:55:30 PM »
I thought you were happy with TeeCal?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 03:07:53 PM »
I like TeeCal for what it is, but we need more than TeeCal offers. The Cyrious is about three times the money ($200 per month) with much more flexibility and many more features. It was never a question of us leaving (I told the TeeCal guys that the first day) it was just a questions of where to and when. For a 2-5 employee shop, TeeCal is a lot of bang for the buck.

I need to have a serious look at the Shopworks though to make sure I am comparing apples to apples.

pierre

Offline BorisB

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 03:16:13 PM »
I spent hours on Shopworx and Impress. I would choose Impress over Shopworx.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 03:23:59 PM »
We to are looking at new options. I've been using Printavo for the past month. It's great, but still has alot needed for a mid size shop (currently 11 employees).

Shopworx seemed nice, but was expensive, seemed like it was built for windows 95, and the fact that it's a PC based system was a no go for us.

I've heard of Cyrious, but never looked at it. i'll take a look tonight though, sounds cool!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline BorisB

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 12:37:03 AM »

Shopworx seemed nice, but was expensive, seemed like it was built for windows 95, and the fact that it's a PC based system was a no go for us.

Shopworx (Onsite 7) is built on Filemaker, which is Apple product. Built for Mac in first place

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 07:50:20 AM »
cyrious looks pretty good.  I would say for us it has moved into the top 2.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 08:09:55 AM »
cyrious looks pretty good.  I would say for us it has moved into the top 2.

What's your number 1?

Pierre

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 08:52:17 AM »
Printavo, only because I think it has the most potential.  It's a matter of how far they are willing to take it though.

I think Cyrious might be in first ahead of Printavo though.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 03:23:49 PM »
We really like Printavo. It does lack some of the more detail-oriented features, but the clean layout and ease of use for our employees is really what we like about it. Bruce is constantly adding more features and elements that make it better and better.

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 04:24:44 PM »
I love TeeCal, but have made a switch to Printavo because of the ease of use and cloud system for outside sales and we now use ipads instead of printing out check in sheets and production sheets.  Tee Cal has some awesome features, but can be a bit cumbersome.  You almost need to dedicate someone to it.  Printavo was easier for us and we make our production sheets in corel with all the info we need and attach it to the order.  Actually cuts down a step for us.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »
I love TeeCal, but have made a switch to Printavo because of the ease of use and cloud system for outside sales and we now use ipads instead of printing out check in sheets and production sheets.  Tee Cal has some awesome features, but can be a bit cumbersome.  You almost need to dedicate someone to it.  Printavo was easier for us and we make our production sheets in corel with all the info we need and attach it to the order.  Actually cuts down a step for us.

Yes, shop management software has an administrative overhead. It is costing us about $15 per order. Control has more options and features which will probably cost even more, but in the end, once you reach 8-10 employees communication becomes increasingly more complex and using a program to stay on top of it is a must.

I am pretty excited to try this.

Pierre

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 07:26:48 PM »
Bummer, wish I would have known about this a couple weeks ago..... We just went live with our shopworx onsite 8 today. I would be curious if this program manages sales reps/rep commissions/royalties, etc...... That was the deal breaker with most of the systems out there is they cannot manage different rep structures as I currently have 14 reps and almost all of them are paid differently. Keeping track of that can get overwhelming but shopworx is able to manage that easily.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse