Author Topic: screen racks?  (Read 7755 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
screen racks?
« on: November 23, 2015, 05:48:01 PM »
best place to get them? or are you all just making them yourself?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ol man

Re: screen racks?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 06:04:23 PM »
CCI makes my favorite

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 06:37:40 PM »
I bought a baker rack off of eBay, aluminum, not wide enough for screens but if you cut the middle bracing and redo it with some metal at (lower, menards, Home depot) you can make them wide enough.  $118 shipped if i remember right, super light weight.  I have two mobile ones I purchased, and am currently building  a large wooden rack for my screen room like TCT built, have to search his posts to see his layout but its pretty nice.

Offline UnderPressureSP

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 06:39:27 PM »
Depending on your screen size you and space requirement you can order pre-made ones or have one made for a specific spec with aluminium or make one yourself with wood.  Scott at SE Technologies makes custom racks for specific specs.   scott@se-technologies.com Last time i was there he had a oversized rack he made for a poster printer that was rather nice.  He is also based in Texas. 

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 06:43:48 PM »
Depending on your screen size you and space requirement you can order pre-made ones or have one made for a specific spec with aluminium or make one yourself with wood.  Scott at SE Technologies makes custom racks for specific specs.   scott@se-technologies.com Last time i was there he had a oversized rack he made for a poster printer that was rather nice.  He is also based in Texas.

Thanks, i'll drop him a line. I haven't talked to him in a little while!
Night Owls

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 06:53:01 AM »
We use Alloy America Screen Racks. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Screen Dan

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 07:51:21 AM »
I got mine through Etch-o-Matic.  Who knows what brand they are.  They hold 24 screens.  They are blue.  We thought they were black for months thanks to the yellow safe lights.  Much stronger than our older cheapo aluminum ones that are rickety as hell.

...come to think of it, I never really gave them much thought except when I shot off an email to order them.  I'll be monitoring this thread.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 09:57:33 AM »
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 09:59:31 AM »
Ebay! $199 + shipping $50. We've made them an offer of $400 for two and they took it. Racks are nice, have wheels and can be adjusted for size. We are about to buy a couple more.

Come to think of it, we should get together and do a group buy if we can.

Pierre
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:11:50 AM by blue moon »
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 10:24:43 AM »
Ebay! $199 + shipping $50. We've made them an offer of $400 for two and they took it. Racks are nice, have wheels and can be adjusted for size. We are about to buy a couple more.

Come to think of it, we should get together and do a group buy if we can.

Pierre

would 100% be down, we need to get at least 3.
Night Owls

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 01:49:47 PM »
A year ago I was driving behind the local Lowes and there was about 20 different racks and shelving units sitting out there getting rusty and making the place look terrible.  I went inside and asked to speak to a manager and they told me to come back with a trailer or whatever and take what I wanted.  I just grabbed a small rack that looked like a bread rack then some of the giant shelving racks they use to stock the merch which is what those of us that worked for Sam's Club would call "steel".  I could have grabbed a lot more but we really didn't need any of it and I was taking it just because more than anything.  I know our local grocery store does the same thing and puts all of their obsolete racks of all shapes and sizes behind the store.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 02:15:26 PM »
We bought a bunch of affordable speed racks from peachsuite.com, touched up the stamped rack wings with some emery, cut 'em in half and used dowels to expand them to the right size.  They're great except a full rack of M3 rollers just feels sketchy rolling over our bumpy wood floor.

What we did is the cheapest and easiest way to get a good, clean and mesh safe screen rack on casters with locks, I think each rack was around a hundo, but I'd really only recommend it for static or lighter weight frames if you are moving them around loaded.  We'll have to invest in some burlier racks at some point, probably should have done so from the get go. 

I'm in for a group buy on something better suited. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 02:22:06 PM »
here are the racks we ordered, they are not in position to deal on larger qty so I went ahead and ordered a couple.
I remembered later that they were $250 before and they are $200 now.

here's the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADJUSTABLE-ALUMINUM-DRYING-RACK-SCREEN-PRINTING-NEW-/331711645060?hash=item4d3b8e0584:g:77sAAOxydB1SiNRh

pierre

p.s. somebody else is selling the same thing for $375 on ebay
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 04:05:12 PM »
here are the racks we ordered, they are not in position to deal on larger qty so I went ahead and ordered a couple.
I remembered later that they were $250 before and they are $200 now.

here's the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADJUSTABLE-ALUMINUM-DRYING-RACK-SCREEN-PRINTING-NEW-/331711645060?hash=item4d3b8e0584:g:77sAAOxydB1SiNRh

pierre

p.s. somebody else is selling the same thing for $375 on ebay

The company that makes them is http://aaframes.com  They are also called Alloy America. They have been around for a long time. I used to buy screens from them like 5 years ago. I still use the first spot gun i bought from them

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 04:38:21 PM »
How sturdy are these filled up with roller frames?  Our half priced options sway pretty hard.