Author Topic: Penn State  (Read 3352 times)

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
Penn State
« on: November 09, 2011, 02:59:13 PM »
wow i can't believe what is going on in my backyard less than 20 mins away from me is State College PA. yeah home of Jerry Sandusky and the media circus its a sad sad time to see Joe Paterno go out this way. 
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
Re: Penn State
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 03:08:57 PM »
I agree. its a sad day. Why Pert is getting all the grief for this amazes me.
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »
you would swear joe pa abused those kids.
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
My thought is that if someone tells you they saw something awful, and you follow up by telling the next person in line and nothing comes of it, you (anybody) have to pursue. If you don't this is what happens when it blows up. It saddens me that a man's lauded lifetime is now in the toilet, but he didn't do the right thing. I've seen it argued to the contrary, but I can't make that work in my head. Truly disgusting news...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline prozyan

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 03:42:41 PM »
My thought is that if someone tells you they saw something awful, and you follow up by telling the next person in line and nothing comes of it, you (anybody) have to pursue. If you don't this is what happens when it blows up. It saddens me that a man's lauded lifetime is now in the toilet, but he didn't do the right thing. I've seen it argued to the contrary, but I can't make that work in my head. Truly disgusting news...

Steve

True to an extent.  But consider this:  What if after he told his superiors, he asked about it later as was told it was taken care of?  Is he now supposed to be the lead investigator and find out exactly how it was taken care of and if things were handled properly?
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 04:07:56 PM »
What if he didn't know about it?  I imagine sickos like this guy don't exactly go around bragging about their hobbies to their boss.

Offline aauusa

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 04:17:58 PM »
my only question is not who knew what and did what  but rather why did those 2 directors lie to the grand jury what was there intent for lying, and who did the lie protect?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 05:41:46 PM »

Steve

True to an extent.  But consider this:  What if after he told his superiors, he asked about it later as was told it was taken care of?  Is he now supposed to be the lead investigator and find out exactly how it was taken care of and if things were handled properly?

This seems like one of those "Who is better, the democrats or the republicans) kind of discussions. People view the circumstances differently.  Here is what I see. The act is illegal, immoral, hurtful, disgusting, vial, and the list goes on. We have no kind of excuse for that what so ever. So, was Joe guilty of doing it himself? No. Some people would take it as far as to say, he may as well have been  if you don't follow up on it (to the point where you know the law is handling it). Was he obligated to follow up and even then pursue/investigate further till he new the real authorities were aware of it and the guy was no longer working and PS etc?  I bet the next little boy after the directors were told... was hoping that Joe would have followed up on it.  Yes, he is guilty of something. Neglegence maybe? A lack of due diligence?

To have known about an employee who is doing purse snatching and you just tell your boss, then maybe we can see that level of due diligence as justified (although even that is still questionable to some).  To have something like child molestation, rape, bestiality or anything of the kind not followed up on should be illegal in an of itself. That should be a crime.

I was/am a Joe Pateno fan. I know he's done much good. far more than the average human being over the years. I more so, probably dismiss his actions as one coming from a semi feeble minded old man. I think this is where many of the people (in his favor) find themselves. He was already too old to be coaching to be affective. They kept him around for nostalgia.

Business owners/people, you all are guilty of something....if you know about something like this...and keep it to yourself.

There is no excuse.  None.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 06:00:29 PM »

Exactly.  Obviously something more should have been done yet at to what extent.  All the media is on Paterno and not he idiot that allegedly saw it happening. Remember all this was alleged  when brought to Paterno and he did what he was supposed to.  Because he is so well known he is the one in the news.  Stupid  media always twisting everything to get a rise out of the public. 

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 06:09:54 PM »
Joe has got to go NOW or at least they have to chisel off the HUMANUTARIAN line from his statue.
In my mind if he knew anything and it appears he did and nothing came from it and the man in question was till in a position to carry on then he joe and all others who knew are just enablers.
How about this for ever minute joe stands on the side line this guy gets to spend equal private time with joe's grandchildern or great grandchildren. I wonder then who joe would be thinking about.

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 10:16:04 PM »
He just got FIRED

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 11:48:50 PM »
He just got FIRED

Rightfully so. Joe was not obligated to tell his superiors. He was obligated to tell the police.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 12:15:34 AM »
Absolutely. 

I had heard that Paterno had been told about it and yet Sandusky was still in a position to continue his deranged activities. 

Joe will have to live with the fact that he is to blame for his own downfall by his actions (or lack of).

"Upon learning about a suspected 2002 assault by Sandusky of a young boy in the football building’s showers, Paterno redirected the graduate assistant who witnessed the incident to the athletic director, rather than notifying the police. "

Joe's words from the NY Times - "This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/10/sports/ncaafootball/-joe-paterno-and-graham-spanier-out-at-penn-state.html
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:24:09 AM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 08:04:42 AM »
A crime as serious as this should never ever be directed to your superior but directly to the authorities (police). It is hard to think badly of JP but having two young children myself this whole situation sickens me. And I do place a lot of the blame on JP, not the actual crime but the negligence and the fact the correct authorities were not informed. JP is the one seen in the news and receiving most of the negative attention because he is also Penn States biggest public figure. Being the Public figure he is means you have to deal with the good as well as the bad in the media.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:16 AM »
Well, was the guy that notified joe fired?  How about the person he told?  It would have been better for BOTH men to take it up the chain of command personally.

I don't know if he should have been fired, but at this point it is a huge distraction.