Author Topic: Pallet tack tip  (Read 1548 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Pallet tack tip
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »
I know just about all us use pallet tack that have autos and a few with manual presses, but anyway, we have been printing hoodies and teeshirts right behind each other today and you all know how hoodies eat up tack and you have to clean the fuzz and rewet the pallets to get some tack back.  Well I have been useing a sponge with a water spray bottle works great if your only doing teeshirts, but what I found out today works like magic...use one of your screen brushes those little square ones with the handles they wet and remove all the fuzz at the same time giving me a nice tacky clean pallet again fast..

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
Re: Pallet tack tip
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 04:11:54 PM »
I use mean green and a brush, then flash it for a few seconds and the stickiness is back.
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 05:10:42 PM »
I am going to try the degreaser from Sam's.  It's like $5 a gallon and it's a concentrate.  I already water down mean green or purple power, so we'll see how that stuff works.

I use a sponge.  I might try a scrub pad.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
Which brushes exactly?  I need a good easy way to clean my pallets.. though mine lose their tackiness because they collect dust from sitting idle. :(

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 12:03:37 AM »
Which brushes exactly?  I need a good easy way to clean my pallets.. though mine lose their tackiness because they collect dust from sitting idle. :(

That’s funny. They don't lose tack from dust. Just get them hot. A few of the waterbase tacks I have tried need some heat to stay tacky. I use topbond. I use it about 50/50 with water so it’s not that tacky and goes on smooth with a 3 inch brush. I never clean the boards I just apply more tack. I have a gallon of it now but my first quart lasted close to a year and a half.