Author Topic: Sericol TexCharge  (Read 4355 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Sericol TexCharge
« on: June 08, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »
Rutland has dried their last pigment with me.

Sell me on it folks. Where do I get it from, how do I use it. Should I still use
CCI white? (love it)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Sericol TexCharge
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »
Don't get rid of CCI white but buy texcharge  direct. I'll email you our reps info

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 03:50:28 PM »
Right on Gerry.

If anyone is okay with straining inks before use (I ain't) they can purchase a Rutland WB-99 system from
me cheap.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »
I could not imagine having to strain anything. That would surely kill production time.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 04:56:49 PM »
Don't forget they have Pantone starter formulas and ask for free samples. Flourescents out of the park, is that enough?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 05:04:56 PM »
The flourescents are killer!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »
I'll concur with everyone else, and yes, keep the CCI D-white.  If I can get my guys to get on board with this stuff, anyone can.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »
its my choice right now.  u will like it.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 06:20:34 PM »
CCI white and Sericol here too. Gerry shoot me that info as well. I would rather buy direct than got through our vendor even if it cost more.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 06:39:22 PM »
You got it.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »
Sericol is (almost) all direct, ships outta K.C. although Jim at Dimensional appears to be selling it as well.  They do gallons and that's it I believe.  They're geared toward big batch orders of prouduct but are now opening up to smaller orders, actually sent me gallon samples.  Which is cool as it's RFU and can be used un-activated as regular WB.  Everyone else seems pretty jazzed about it, I'll let you know what we find soon.  We also have all of CCI's product in here to side-by-side with. 

Shame about the Rutland, I was just hoping Westar would pick up the WB-99 so we could buy from them.   The Texcharge is actually a very long-standing product, 20 yrs I believe I was told, so I would imagine next to every issue that could be addressed with them has been by now.  I'm not ruling out that we'll need to strain inks with any brand though.  I haven't had to do it with my TW ink yet but then we aren't opening those cans all the live long day.

I got me these guys to hopefully eliminate some of those issues.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »
Atlas Screen Supply actually sells the Texcharge in qts.

Paint dispensers, just make sure you clean the nozzle tips faithfully or it will be just as bad with clumps and what not on them. And also those tops on the paint dispensers are not air tight so I dont know how that will affect WB pigment. Most paint dealers use a glycol pigment that does not readily dry up.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 12:04:25 AM »
I wish that there was a good website that had some information on the sericol ink.  I want to make the switch but it just seems the actual info is hard to find. 

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 12:10:59 AM »
http://www.sericol.com/landingpages/texcharge/

Here ya go. From what I hear Sericol is big in South America and they are just starting to push it here.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 12:34:17 AM »
Many thanks!  I want to make an order for a discharge system within the month.  After trying my first full run of discharge white I love it.  The feel is great and what a time saver over white plastisol p-f-p!